It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin b 12 and B15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am curious about these and other vitamins which one doesnt seem to find in the local stores much in America.

Do any of the posters in here know much about the effects of these vitamins ..long term...cautions about them and such.

How about why B 12 is not found much on American shelves.

I ask because I have been hearing a few things about them from people ..and I tend to be cautious about many things I read or hear..but will still listen and read.

I am aware that many buisnesses are trying to sell or promote a product. So caution is in force here too.

So what do some of you know about the benifits and cautions or dangers of these vitamin suppliments?

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This might be something you would want to consult a doctor a naturopathic practitioner about.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
You might want to see if a local library or health food store has this book:
[url=http://www.amazon.com/Prescription-Nutritional-Healing-3rd-ed/dp/1583330771]Prescription for Nutritional Healing (Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 3rd ed), by Balch[url]

Some online info on B vitamins
www.globalherbalsupplies.com...
www.vitamins-nutrition.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
THanks for your post and the references. I have bookmarked them for future use and am looking up the sites.

Orangetom

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Orange, do you have a B12 deficiency?
I do, "intricate factor", please if you do, do not hesitate to consult and take advice from a proper physician.

B15 is not yet acknowledged as an essential compound.
WIS

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
To my knowlege I dont have a vitamin deficiency.

I am just curious about the abscence of news or information about these two vitamins.

I went to the local drug store and Wal Mart and could not find B 12 on the shelves.

This abscence made me curious. B 15 is another I am curious about.

THanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
here's the list of B viatamins
en.wikipedia.org...

B 15, pangamic acid
www.healthy.net...
www.naturalhealthtechniques.com...

I know it is a bit iffy to do web searches for alternative health issues, not knowing which sites are legit.
I like to think I can tell most of the time if a sight is legit or snakeoil and I think those two give some good info.
It sound to me like your best bet is to attempt to supplement B15 through food.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Vitamin B-12 is poorly absorbed through the oral route and, to those who need it, is usually given as an injection.
I don't know anything about B-15. (wasn't that a bomber? :af

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here is a link to an authoritative discussion on Vitamin B12 from a vegan nutritionist. It's over 20 pages long because B12 is complex to fully understand, because this report also debunks common misunderstandings about B12, and because it contains a reference section for other scientific articles on this topic.

www.veganoutreach.org...

It's true you should seek out the care of a qualified health professional on this subject ... often as people get older, their bodies produce less "intrinsic factor", without which they will not absorb B12 no matter how many supplements they take. And B12 supplements are very pricey.

Bottom line on food sources: Active B12 is only found in animal foods. Inactive B12 forms (called "analogues") in foods such as tempeh, soy or tamari sauce, miso, etc., are not a usable form of B12 ...sorry. Ovo-vegetarians can get B12 from eggs. Vegans must therefore rely on supplements. Also, be aware of the ceiling values for maximum daily absorption of B12, since consuming any daily B12 beyond that ceiling value is a waste of money.

The New York Times bestselling author of nutrition books (Eat Right for Your Type, Live Right for Your Type) [as in Blood Type], Peter D'Adamo, a naturopathic physician, has a website which links to the following information on Vitamin B12 supplements offered by their pharmacy partner. You might be able to call them and ask more questions. Here is a link to a part of their website which discusses different therapeutic forms of B12:

www.dadamo.com...

[edit on 7/10/2007 by Uphill]

top topics

join