It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats are Smarter then Dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
some people wont agree with me that cats are smarter then dogs, but i have some simple proof.

if you kick a dog it will not be mad about it, and it will actually come lick your hand and want to be petted as if nothing happened.
if you kick a cat it will get as far away from you as possible, and it wont be your friend again for a very long time.

that is all the proof i need that cats are smarter then dogs.
does anyone else agree? im sick of people saying dogs are so smart.

p.s. no animals were harmed in the making of this thread, and i dont condone animal abuse.
peace

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
dang i was hoping peta or some dog lover would reply to my thread.

guess im just right!

elitegamer23

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Patience.
I already lost track of how many threads I've made which never got any replies.

To answer your question:

I'm a cat lover. I like dogs as well, but I prefer cats. I agree that cats are smarter than dogs. Some dog lovers claims that the proof of dogs being smarter than cats is that we can teach them how to sit, lie down, roll over, etc., and cats cannot be trained this way. I think this is proof of the opposite, that cats are indeed smarter than dogs...

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't think that type of behavior is proof of intelligence or lack thereof, but a signal of the dog's realization it's lower in the social structure. Cats, while somewhat social, don't have the same hierarchy dogs have and recognize. I love and have owned both cats and dogs, and I really don't know which is smarter...although I think they way cats have grown on us and get us to feed and pamper them with out asking to any work other than look beautiful gives them the advantage.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
dogs are more likely to drink out of a toilet.

enough said!

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I can prove that cats are smarter by the simple fact that all my friends cat has to do is meow, and they jump right up and get her food. They keep her in a different room becuase their older cat can't eat the food, so she meows, they jump up and let her in to eat, she meows again and they jump right up and let her out.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
All this thread proves is that the owners of cats are stupider than dog owners.

Go figure.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
do cats taste better than dogs?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   

if you kick a dog it will not be mad about it, and it will actually come lick your hand and want to be petted as if nothing happened.
if you kick a cat it will get as far away from you as possible, and it wont be your friend again for a very long time.
This is because cats have simpler cognitive processes than dogs. Cats perceive a threat as a threat and will react instinctively to it with a simple fight or flight response. Dogs on the other hand can understand more complex situations, social interactions, and threats, such as the difference between a "get away from the table" kick and a "I'm going to hurt you because I'm my sister Mandy's snotty-nosed little brat kid and she needs to discipline that little bastard" kick. Anyway, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. BTW, I'm a cat lover.

Originally posted by Lysergic
do cats taste better than dogs?

Not sure. It's been a while since I had Chinese dumplings.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I agree with Wecomeinpeace, Dogs are more social animals than cats, dogs need attention and companionship more than cats do, and to understand and interact at this level they need a bigger brain than a cat. Bigger brain equals bigger intelect, and a dog does have a larger brain than a cat.

and I hope that you elitegamer do not go round kicking dogs!!!

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Kurokage]

top topics

join