It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

orange star(mars?) visible and three solar flaes in one week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
is there something else going on in the heavens?

is there something that we are not being told about?

is there someway we can find out?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
if you mean that orange/yellow looking star, yeah I am pretty sure it's mars, I always check it out when I smoke at night.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
but supposedly it hasnt been this close in 3600 years...

its way past august and the elliptical orbit of such a body should be much more faint than that right?

i spoke to my grandmother about it and she wasnt suprised, she said it could have been there all along...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This article explains quite a bit about Mar's proximity to Earth. Look for the paragraph "More to come" near the bottom

and I found this site that calculates the orbit of both Mars and Earth and shows you the relative distance in a little space map. Pretty nifty

I have no idea what that word means, heh, sorry :p

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by MrRadicalEd]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
hey radical thanks for the links any links to cointelpro?

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Yes the NWO controls the sun and the orbits of the planets now...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
(deep breath)

Uhm... guys, remember back to your old Earth Science classes? Junior high school was a very long time ago for some of us, but you should remember your basic planetary information.

Remember, Mars is a planet. Nobody moves it around. It is still MUCH closer to us than it's been in a long time, and it will still continue to be unusually brighter than it's been in our lives as it moves away from us again. It'll still look very bright for the next year or so.

It didn't suddenly bounce near and then bounce back. It's a planet with an orbit that takes 2+ years to complete.

Gallileo was the first one to discover that the sun actually wasn't a perfect ball of flaming gas (remember this from history?) and that it had sunspots on it. Before this, nobody had ever suspected that there were any irregularities in it.

While the sun IS having some unususal activity, we have not had the instruments to measure solar flares before (in fact, they were unknown before the 1950's or so.) So when we say this is the most unusual activity we've seen... it really means "we haven't seen this much since we started observing with instruments, less than 50 years ago."

It does NOT mean "in the billions of years since the solar system was formed, this is the most active that the sun has ever been."

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
hey radical thanks for the links any links to cointelpro?

I don't think they have that much power yet.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i dont think hes trying to say the nwo did it, but that something strange might be happening in our solar system and they dont want anyone to know.

top topics

join