It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing the flub!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't say I'm fat, but I am overweight and I really want to do something about it.

I'm only 16, but have slight moobies, which is really, really embaressing! For the last 2 years, basically all I've been doing is sitting in playing bloody video games and having a kebab every week.

This past week, I've had slight chest pain, which the doctor said was due to lack of exercise.

Could anyone help me!? I can't do this on my own!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
We should be getting thirty minutes of “moderate-intensity” physical activity almost everyday.
I bike for half an hour almost every morning. I also calorie count and try not to take in more than 2000 calories a day. I started this last April when I was 220lbs. Now I am 184lbs.

Good luck and take care of yourself.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So I'm guessing smallish meals, 5 fruit a day and 30 mins exercies a day. That should be possible!

Congrats on your loss Umbrax, bloody awesome!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thanks bud

This site helped me a lot with calorie counting.

www.caloriecontrol.org...

On the left you will find a few calculators that have the number of calories in foods and how much you burn with certain exorcises.

The daily 30 minutes of exorcise is extremely important. We all need this like we need water. If you can find something to do that you enjoy it makes things so much easier.

I also recommend not drinking soda/pop at all. So many people drink lots of pop all day. Cutting pop out of your diet will help loads when it comes to cutting calories. If you can keep to calorie free drinks like water. It makes things so much easier. The only beverage I have that has calories is the cup of V8 I have in the morning.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is what worked for me. MERIDIA. I was 307 now im down to 245. and keep going till i hit a healthy 210-215.

I eat anything but not alot. Meridia cuts your mental food needs down. Even if you overeat due to emotional issues. Its truly a wonder drug for me.

I also try to get in 50 pushups and 50 situps a day plus a walk. Now i run! lol!

[edit on 16-9-2006 by donk_316]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Silly thing is, I don't even know how much I weigh, all I know is I'm flubby, I guess I should get the ol' scales out.

Cheers so far guys!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Silly thing is, I don't even know how much I weigh, all I know is I'm flubby, I guess I should get the ol' scales out.

Leave the scale. Use the mirror index. Exercise, eat right, stare in the mirror, repeat until satisfied. The best way to judge your progress is by noticing how much easier your daily exercise has gotten. I recommend running. If you mark out a certain spot to run to you will notice it getting progressivly easier. Same goes for running by a watch...you will notice you cover more distance. Once you lose the weight you can ignore food intake and just keep up the exercise and still maintain your physique. It will get addicting once you notice the difference. You will become a health nut.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
DaFunk13 is right. The scale should not be the biggest decider on your progress.
As you get that 30 minutes of daily exorcise you will gain weight as muscle. Without keeping that in mind, solely going by the scale can be frustrating.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
No scales then! It might sound stupid, but after 2 days of being helathy I actually do feel better!

A major thing that makes me want to 'health up' is that my father had a mjor heart operation last year and I came to realise how fragile that organ can be.

new topics

top topics

join