It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do genetic traits exist in souls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
In the physical realm, their are many characteristics that are passed down through families from one generation to the next. Some are physical, some psychological, some medical. Now that's all very well for our physical bodies, but do the same conditions apply with our souls? Do we reincarnate within the same bloodlines? In the instance of identical twins, does the soul split in two also? Any ideas?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I don't think so. Genetics is something that is purely physical, and I don't think that subtle bodies adhere to genetics. Your soul is the object that is your direct connection to the Source (God) IMO. It's that art of you that actually is God itself. It's non-physical and has nothing to do with your genes. IMO it has existed since the beginning of time in one way or another. Think of it as God being one big sea, and the soul being a drop out of that sea. It's a drop that can be in a different place than the sea, but it is still part of the sea.

But the Astral, etheric and mental bodies can take up your image and identity though. But that's based purely on who or what the person believes he or she is, or identifies him or herself with. Those bodies can change.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
No..There are soul groups though,but that is based more on advancement than the makeup of the ethereal body.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I can get you the name of the 600+ page book that proves that the soul works independantly from the brain.

For the soul to be genetically influenced, it would require the soul to be dependant upon the genetics. If the above book is true, then it is highly unlikely to influence the soul directly. At the same time, human behavior is affected by chemical imbalances, but people make either the decision to just live through the imbalance or seek help to fix it...so there are some indirect influences on the soul.

i.e. It's hard to be a sweet, loving, caring, generous peron who is confidant about their lives being good when their seratonin levels are low. You can do it, but it take more effort, than when they are high.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Okay, this is interesting. I have been realizing latelly that my daughter may be "paying" for the sins of her grandfather"her dad's dad-not mine"

It may sound odd, but she has a problem with her teeth and jaw, that are not genetic, and it doesn't make her look strange, but she has had dozens of dental visits in the past few years, scans, operations, and there are more to come.

It is strange why she was born with this problem, the doctors don't know why. It is treateable, just requires alot of $$$$, time, braces, and surgery.

How does this tie with her dad's family" Well, her dad was a terrible, felon-dentist. He was disbarred and in the papers. He was one of the worst dentists ever... messed up alot of people, even went to jail.
I just wonder if she is somehow connected, karmically to that and to the soul family of her dad's.
Comments??

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thanks for you responses, but I think my point is being missed (Mainly because I worded the opening post poorly).

If a soul is INDEPENDANT of it's genes, why do family members, or indeed identical twins, share common personality traits? If a soul is DEPENDANT of it's genes, why is there often no genetic link between the one's past and present life?

[edit on 16-9-2006 by Son of mytym]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of mytym

If a soul is INDEPENDANT of it's genes, why do family members, or indeed identical twins, share common personality traits?

That's because personality traits are something similar to clothing. They're not the soul. Your conscious mind, your ego is what it is. Mind and ego. They are not the soul. But that's just my opinion.. .

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
So traits such as likes, dislikes and demeanor are all dependant solely on environmental factors? Do you think that any parts of one's personality exists at birth, or are we all just a blank canvas?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
That I wouldn't really know for sure.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of mytym
If a soul is INDEPENDANT of it's genes, why do family members, or indeed identical twins, share common personality traits?

The soul will adapt to the body is attach to, remember that is the body the one with the genetics traits, the personalities are all part of the family eviroment.

SpeakerofTruth

You are very close on you statement of soul groups, once in a while souls will stay together.

Groups of souls also will come together to expeirence the same. In many instances we wonder how in a tragic event in which a sustancial group of people will die together when they are no even related but by chance.

That will be an example of soul group coming to earth with one specific purpose.

[edit on 17-9-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I say yes of course genetics also play a part the soul's make up.

Depending on which background of faith of course and your understanding of it.

Some people say will clones have Souls if they are man created. I think that they will have a soul but I am not sure one that will be approved by God.

The demonds that have been known in history come from the inbreeding of fallen Angels and mankind. Genesis 6 for example and other versers in later years.

So the genetic make up of these hybrids can influence the soul as they are all unique in traits. There are many different Angels too and for the Believers in Christ that can reshape your soul have different abilities and rights. There is a hyrachy of souls hence the 144,000 being different and the tribulation Saints. Yes we may start at similar levels but man's soul will not not be 100% pure after death and like Angels that can be led astray man's souls could also because at the end of the day we will not become Angels as we have been Human beforehand anyway and know of sin.

Its a complex issue, one can change his soul with the light of God,
One can inherit forbidden elements also.
Also we could be transformed to certain ranks and roles by God him self.

Majority wise for man they are roughly the same but we still could have our human memories that could influence some behavour in Heaven. Remember also there will be different places not just Heaven.

Some will go to the new Jeruselem
Some will stay on earth and maybe populate the Universe and the other planets.
Some will go to Heaven
Some will have free access beyond all this to be Jesus like.

I could go deep and churn out all the websites and verses but I also advise to look into your self. I am just here so I could contribute to this post as it may help the one who started it.

Remember each will have their own personal view or religious view it depends which aspect of the author of the post is interested in. Is he a Christian that has not found out or gone deep into this subject or just someone wondering?

I may come back here I am not sure hopE my input helps.

[edit on 17-9-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think the issue is the concept of soul.
No one knows what it is or if it exist.

We are more or less like machines, running out programs...we have a program to make us accept this life and get us through we have the concept of a soul.
As if there is something seperate living in our bodies...we like to divide things.
Mind-body-soul (one isnt much good without the other.)

Until there is absolute proof of a soul, it would be perhaps more entertaining to see things for face value and ask why are we here...any of us. Isnt it wierd? We go about our business and think we have purpose. Look at the sky at night and see all the suns/stars in the skies...realize planets revolve around them...teaming with life. YOu then wonder if its not like we are part of some brain as a neuro network.

Who knows...so as far as genetic traits for soul...lets see what it is and where it is located.

Peace

Dalen

top topics

join