It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Powerdown of the WTC2(South Tower)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Scott Forbes used to work in the South Tower of WTC 2(South Tower). He claims they had a power down on the weekend of 9/8 and 9/9.

Here is his Interview

I'll quote a couple excerpts, that I think are rather interesting.

Killtown: Scott, you have an interesting story to tell. Where were you working the week before 9/11?

Scott Forbes: In my office on the 97th floor in WTC 2 (South Tower), as usual except that myself and a lot of my colleagues were also working the weekend of 9/8 and 9/9.

KT: Why were you working the weekend before 9/11?

SF: Because of a "power down" notified by the Port Authority. Power was being switched off for a 36hr period in the top half of tower and as I work for a Financial Institution and Bank in the Technology Group I was working on the shutdown and eventually the startup of all our systems.

Letters and Emails go unanswered...

KT: When did you start trying to tell your story to government officials? Have you tried to contact the media also?

SF: I've sent emails and letters to the 9/11 commission and the Port Authority of NY/NJ, without response, and I've emailed, IM'd and spoken to several independent authors and broadcaster. No mainstream media outlets.

KT: So the 9/11 Commission and Port Authority never even contacted you back?

SF: No.

The Stand-offishness of the U.S. Media...

KT: Do you feel like the U.S. mainstream media has been less interested in your story than the foreign mainstream media?

SF: Yes, very much so.

KT: Any thoughts to as why?

SF: I feel that the US media and Americans in general have an over-sanitized and safe character. They are far less willing to be critical of their government and country than foreign media and individuals and this extends to the point of not questioning accepted half-truths. Also, 9/11 is now part of an American History that is cherished and almost Holy - to question it is to be traitorous.

IMO this is a very compelling interview to say the least. It begs the questions; Who were these guys? Why did they not have badges, when that is the norm? What are the odds they have a the only power down, this guy has ever seen, the weekend of 9/11? Why haven't the 9/11 Commission or Port Authority answered this guy's E-mails or letters?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think the real question is why hasnt this story been verified by anyone?

How is it that in a building with thousands of people working in it, only one guy remembers this powerdown?

Even conspiracy sites doubt his claims.

911review.com...

After being posted on scores of websites for over a year, this story has failed to elicit any corroborating reports, even about the identity of 'Scott Forbes'. Aside from the fact that the sourcing of the story doesn't meet the most basic journalistic standards, its content is thoroughly implausible.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by LeftBehind]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So this guy is the only guy that talks about a power down? Very interesting indeed. It looks like I need to do some more digging...Thanks for the challenge.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Now this probably is not the guy in question here but look at this guy's
date of birth:
www.imdb.com...

Date of birth
11 September 1920
High Wycombe, England, UK
Date of death
25 February 1997
Swindon, Wiltshire, England, UK.

:O !
now this could be just a weird coincidense of course...

[edit on 16-9-2006 by zren]

GR

Also, a man named Scott Forbes, who worked for Fiduciary Trust---the company for which Kristen Breitweiser’s husband worked---has written:
On the weekend of [September 8-9, 2001], there was a “power down” condition in . . . the south tower.
(...)
Also, a man named Ben Fountain, who was a financial analyst with Fireman’s Fund in the south tower, was quoted in People Magazine as saying that during the weeks before 9/11, the towers were evacuated “a number of times” (People Magazine, 2001).

Fiduciary Trust was the company he talked about they say.. *googles*

[edit on 16-9-2006 by zren]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
William Rodriguez complaint

99. Plaintiff notes also that there was a “power down” condition in the South Tower, ostensibly due to the need to carry out a “cabling upgrade,” on the weekend of September 8-9, 2001. This could have afforded Enterprise demolition agents the opportunity to implant explosives in the South Tower, without being recorded on security cameras. Plaintiff notes further that Stratesec, a company of which Marvin Bush, the President’s brother, was formerly a director, provided security in the WTC Complex.

Well that makes 2 witnesses...I will keep digging.

William Rodriguez does have an advantage claiming a power down, if he is, in fact, being untruthful. Following my link makes that obvious. Regardless, he isn't the only one claiming this. Scott Forbes, on the other hand, has no clear andvantage in making the "power down story" up.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
William Rodriguez repeating Forbes story does not count as verification. And it leaves the count at one.

Even if Willy did back it up, that makes two out of thousands.

What do you mean he has no clear advantage to make things up?

People all over the world make up things all time for no reason at all. They also make things up for any dubious bit of fame or infamy.

It really makes no difference what we think he has to gain if we don't know his motives.

For all we know he's a compulsive liar who just wants to see his name on the internet.

He could be telling the truth, but without more people backing it up, it looks doubtful.

Even if his story is true, the powerdown time does not give anyone the weeks, if not months, of access needed to properly set a controlled demolition of this magnitude.

Nor does it give a window of opportunity on the other tower.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
While this doesn't match with the weekend of September 8 and 9, I thought I would share it anyway in case you are unaware of it.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

A photo ID pass for Sept. 5 found on one of the men charged with fraudulently obtaining a Tennessee driver's license from a Memphis woman gave him access to the six underground levels of the One World Center building.

But which tenant hired Sakher 'Rocky' Hammad, 24, to work on its sprinklers is lost, said Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Alan Hicks on Friday.

Hammad told federal authorities that he was working on the sprinklers six days before the twin towers were brought down by terrorists, court testimony revealed this week.

But Hicks said the Port Authority, which owned the building, did its own sprinkler work, and that any other work involving sprinklers would have been arranged by an individual tenant.

This is actually a pretty weird story, that I encourage everyone to read in its entirety. The lady, Katherine Smith, who was working at the Tennessee DMV, was caught accepting fraudulent documents for these middle eastern guys trying to get ID's in that state. She turned state's witness and was due to testify in this case when she had a very odd accident that took her life.

"Smith, 49, was killed after the 1992 Acura Legend she was driving ran off the road early Sunday and struck a utility pole on U.S. 72 just north of the Mississippi state line, Highway Patrol Lt. Col. Mark Fagan said.

Her car "was immediately engulfed in flames" but authorities don't know whether the fire started before or after the crash, he said. The body was so badly burned it took authorities until Tuesday to verify Smith's identity. The cause of death remains under investigation.

FBI agent J. Suzanne Nash said authorities were trying to determine what caused the car to burn. The gas tank did not explode and the car was only slightly dented from the crash, she said.

Nash also testified that investigators found evidence of some kind of accelerant in the burned-out interior of Smith's car.

www.gomemphis.com...

Later "..Tennessee Highway Patrol investigators found no evidence that driver's license examiner Katherine Smith tried to stop her car or take any evasive action Feb. 10 as her car veered off U.S 72."
www.gomemphis.com...

"Her death was not the result of the crash itself," said THP Capt. Jimmy Erwin.
"Her death was by other means."
The car was traveling about 21 mph when it hit the utility pole, not fast enough to kill Smith from the impact.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
William Rodriguez repeating Forbes story does not count as verification. And it leaves the count at one.

Even if Willy did back it up, that makes two out of thousands.

What do you mean he has no clear advantage to make things up?

People all over the world make up things all time for no reason at all. They also make things up for any dubious bit of fame or infamy.

It really makes no difference what we think he has to gain if we don't know his motives.

For all we know he's a compulsive liar who just wants to see his name on the internet.

He could be telling the truth, but without more people backing it up, it looks doubtful.

Even if his story is true, the powerdown time does not give anyone the weeks, if not months, of access needed to properly set a controlled demolition of this magnitude.

Nor does it give a window of opportunity on the other tower.

Your not going to get me to just write off this man's account of a power down, because he could have been a compulsive liar.

Without motive, what do you have? So until you can come up with some clear motive as to why he would lie, then I will leave it as it stands.

As far as Rodriguez goes, He is not just repeating Forbe's story. His account is seperate. So yes, their are 2 witnesses.

top topics

join