It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have a cure for a stye in the eye?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I'm on my way to work this morning and my left eye is closed....

Its a stye(sp)

I cant see!!!!! I looked around the house for eye drops of some kind and there is none. I hate going to work looking like i was punched.

Any home remedies???

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Wear sun glasses?

visionweb.com
While an eyelash stye will usually drain on its own in approximately 2 days, a warm compress can speeding healing. Apply a washcloth on the affected eye for 10 minutes, four times per day, to release the fluids that have built up inside the stye. Do not squeeze the stye. Antibiotic ointment, or an antibiotic-steroid combination, can be used until symptoms have cleared.

Hope that helps

[edit on 14-9-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
You wouldn't believe it if I told you the remedy, and that is to apply some of your spit with a finger on the stye in the eye three to four times a day! Non conventional to say the least!! But it works!! And works pretty fast.

Don't blame me if it doesn't because I'm not sure whether it works on pretty women!!

[edit on 14-9-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Very warm almost hot water on a towel hold it against your eye be careful not to get it to hot. a few times in the day and you should be fine by the next day.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hi dgtempe/
Don't know much about stye's.....
You can try washing your eye/eyes with chamomile tea and boiled water(cooled down of-course) many times throughout the day, this works for allmost all eye problems and has also antibacterial properties.
Walnut leaves boiled with water and left to cool may also be of help, and can be used for the whole face for all sorts of skin complaints.....now you need to find a walnut tree and get those leaves!

helen

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thanks Helen, and everyone.

i got some eye drops and the scratching and itching went away very fast, thank goodness. I couldnt see at work Thursday so i left early.

I'm ok now. And yes, i did try the old saliva trick (while no one was looking) it did ease it!!!

i'm ok now and thanks to all of you.

new topics

top topics

join