It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Different Explosive Devices thread (WTC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What are the different types of explosive devices that could be used to bring down structures?

Maybe this thread can be used to learn specifically about explosives.

My main question about the explosion and collapse, is are there any explosive devices that could have been planted to blow up from collision from collapsing ceilings or excessive heat from fires?

Anyways, I just want to use this thread to explain different types of explosive devices that bring down buildings, whether controlled, or by another circumstance.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hmmm, let me get this right. You want to start a thread where people can discuss different types of explosives and how they can be used to deliberately demolish buildings.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a bad idea?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well, not describe HOW to do it, but any photos or videos of different devices doing damage to something is what I was getting at, so we can compare and contrast the WTC to different footage of explosives.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
video.google.co.uk...

This documentary of 3x30mins discusses thermite, thermate and cutter-charges
i think in part 2. But you should definately watch this in its entirety, if you are still
not convinced the gov had any hand in this, this will definately boil your blood ...

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I agree with Howard on this one... probably the only time I'll agree with Howard on anything for that matter. But we don't want amateurs competing with experts do we? I mean running this NWO operations takes pro's and we need people like the CIA and MOSSAD/KOCHEF etc., ONI and NSA and so many more doing the job of pros. We don't let amateurs trade stocks either do we? That's why we had insiders the days before 911 in there scooping up the cash like bandits. Heck we even had Larry and a stacked Jury award him double his original insurance coverage on the twin towers.

What I'm trying to say is this: this is dangerous business and little kids shouldn't be playing around this HOOD.'

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You can find these books in public libraries. I have ebooks on my computer that go into great detail about compositions of explosives. This kind of info is especially handy when people start talking about shelf lives of explosives like C4, without there being much information on the exact chemical processes that constitute their degradation, or things like that. I think you are just against quality information in general, HowardRoark.

Originally posted by BigMoser
My main question about the explosion and collapse, is are there any explosive devices that could have been planted to blow up from collision from collapsing ceilings or excessive heat from fires?

C4 is detonated by a combination of heat and pressure, but this would obviously not apply to any floors that didn't have fires on them. Depending on where it would be placed, theoretically, it may not have been set off by falling slabs and etc. in the first place (ie, if it were set into the slabs themselves).

Pressure or impacts or anything like that wouldn't have been able to set off thermite (thermate in demolition), which is an incendiary that has become an interesting subject when discussing certain brightly-glowing, molten materials seen pouring out of the corner of WTC2 before its collapse, and molten material found after the collapses around all three skyscrapers, and even sulfidated steel that had obviously been exposed to extreme temperatures (beyond hydrocarbon fires). Thermite, as far as I'm aware, can only be "detonated" by intense heat (again, beyond hydrocarbon fires).

Thermate charges are pretty recent on the scene, I think. High explosives like C4 or less stable compounds based on TNTs have been the norm in the industry from what I understand, so those would be common. Besides thermites and HEs like C4 and/or TNT, I'm not sure what else is commonly used in demolition.

Damocles is an explosives expert; maybe he can show up and provide more info.

Edit: Note that the questions BigMoser asks, if answered, will not provide sufficient information to build or "properly" employ explosives. It's just not information that has to be posted, to answer his questions. Google is more dangerous than this thread has to be.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by bsbray11]

new topics

top topics

join