It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at Montreal College

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
A gunman at Dawson's college wearing a trench coat, and carrying an AK-747 opened fire on campus grounds. Several people are in critical condition. At this point they're just piecing together the events that happened; saying the shooting was random and the gunman seemed emmotionless each time he pulled the trigger. Dawson's college is located in Montreal, Canada which lies several kilometers just outside the Ontario border.

www.ctv.ca
One dead, 20 injured in Montreal school shooting
Updated Wed. Sep. 13 2006 6:13 PM ET

A gunman with a Mohawk haircut and black clothing opened fire inside Montreal's Dawson College on Wednesday, leaving one person dead and 20 injured.

Police had earlier believed there were as many as four gunmen, as shots reportedly continued to be heard

Of the victims, officials said up to eight are in critical condition.

CTV's Jed Kahane said police received a call about the shooting just before 1 p.m. ET. Witnesses heard shots at about 12:45 ET that lasted for 30 minutes.

A police officer outside the college saw the gunman enter the building, and police quickly arrived at the scene. The suspect was shot dead as he tried to leave the school.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this is horrific, and definitely unimaginable to the ordinary person. I was watching the news as I'm typing this and the reporters are relating this to the Colombine shooting, which everyone on here should be aware of. Not only that but they also link the mindset of the gunman to people that have lost the connection to life and do not necessarily value it. When I heard this, the homeless issue immediately flashed in my head; but even they want to live. So in conclusion it really makes one wonder as to how people can cope with change. In this case the change being a painful transformation from the ordinary joe to a murderer, the decision to pull the trigger occuring in a short time interval.

It's been verified from eyewitnesses that the gunman does not attend the school, and that he has been killed on the scene.

This is breaking news and new information is becoming available as the events unfold. For more information at the time of posting this, CTV newsnet and all canadian channels are broadcasting this.

[edit on 9-13-2006 by websurfer]

[edit on 9-13-2006 by websurfer]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This really is sad. It would be interesting from to to time to have the gunmen in these shootings to survive, so they can have a psycheval go see the wizard. That might give us a little more insight as to who these people are and what makes them do what they do.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Tragic. At least, nobody except the gunmen was killed, for now. I just hope that everyone else will be alright. And I also hope that our government won't use this to put biometric crap in schools and RFID tag on students as they do in certains US schools...

Update: 1 dead... the gunmen. And no other gunmen, it's just rumors.

Update 2: 2 deads now. The gunmen and a girl that died from her wounds.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Has anyone got anymore updates on this?

Anyone else killed at all?

I would like to know, My Cousins live around that area.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
CNN just reported that 20 were wounded, 6 of which are currently in critical condition.

CNN also reported that there are rumors of additional gumen and that authorities are searching the school gorunds.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Questionable picture?

A friend emailed me this picture today, with a question of why some of the kids in the picture are smiling. Has anyone seen this yet? Any thoughts on what's going on, is it maybe a wrong picture?

new topics

top topics

join