It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Championship Round

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, I must say that I never expected to make it this far when I signed up to be in the tournament, but I'm pleasantly surprised at what I'm up against.

ktprktpr has proven his mettle on many occassions, including the rousting of former champion, OIMD.

This looks to be a great debate ahead of me, and I'm just starting this thread for the general chit-chat, critiques, and post-debate stuff that accompanies one of these great title fights.

I promise, I won't bite your ear off, ktpr, but I can't promise I won't talk it off..LOL!

Good luck, and may the best one win.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Very honourable to have made it this far, I would imagine. So at this point would say/feel that there are really no losers.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
and furthermore, I find your dancing banana hilarious.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hehe..never had a place to use banana dancer before!
Thanks Loki

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Loki

I have previously made reference to the preparatory stages of great debate contests, referring to posts like this one as the 'throwing around of salt' stage of some great sumo fight.

During your Loki Q & A thread, it became apparent, both in your style and substance, that you may in fact have considerable advantages in the sumo style of debating... the accepting and deflecting of material, the throwing of the questioner off balance, and the powerful large finishing maneuvres.

ktprktpr will generally talk trash at this stage, he learned that from OIMD as a means of unsettling his opponent.

Your style shows humility and encouragement. It is different.

What a great debate we will see!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I DO try to be amiable with my opponents.

I don't expect him to let up, or go easy on me either. I'm going into this head first. I want a good, hard debate, and I am, quite honestly going to give him hell, or at least try to.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hmm, it's kinda hard to talk trash to one so humble and, apparently, kind. I'm perplexed already.

I guess I'll give some pointers: Loki, you might want to review all my debates and find some weaknesses (if any
). I found several with previous debaters, like OIMD, etc. Another thing I strongly suggest is to plan out your entire argument before the debate so you won't be backtracking and tripping.

This topic looks like it'll be kinda werid and more intellectual, so be ready to carry your argument with humor and clarity... and don't plan on giving me hell because you'll need more than that to win this

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the non trash talk. I couldn't help but feel like I was going to be king richard from the holy grail...

"Now, go away, or I will taunt you a second time!"

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I figured that I'd just give this thread a bump, so that we all know it exists, and remind you all to check out my debate with ktpr.

Right Here...

Let's hear it, ATS!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   
While I don't like the WAY that I won, I suppose that I must still be happy that I DID win....

Well, I guess that this means that I' ATS debate champion. Huzzah. I find it a bit irritating that I only had to do one FULL debate to earn this title, but I hope I can redeem myself next time, and defend my title well.

So, now that it's over, and this new tournament is about to begin, I must say good luck to all involved, and make me proud. Hopefully I'll have an opponent worthy enough once the dust settles. I have no doubt that ATS harbors the caliber of person who is able to knock me off this throne, and I'll be happy when someone tries.

Other than that, Bring your best debators, ATS, and I shall send them home...Good Luck, all.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I guess I get 10000 ats points.....*looks at JB1*

i feel masculine now...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Congrats! Guess I can't feel bad losing out to the champ in my second round, hehe....

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
But do you realize that You were the only person that I actually had to debate?

I know I could have taken Faithdefender, but jeez, man.

I guess that OIMD would have been a good match, and I know that Ktpr would have challenged me, which is what ticks me off so much about this...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yes.It is sad it ended that way.

I have given Ktpr a bye into the last four of the next tournament.

And yes,Loki, I will give you the 10,000 ATS points.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
don't worry loki, in a month or so i'll be back at top and the real interesting things will start

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Congrats to Loki! This kind of win has happened once before. Until ATS can provide salaries for full time debaters it will happen again.

ktprktpr will be back bigger and stronger than ever, that will be something to behold.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
That's why I'm putting out an open challenge. Anyone want to debate me? I'll just have a little friendly one with someone if they want to...

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hellooooooooooo.........

Anyone?????

I know SOMEONE wants to.....

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I would like an open debate with you

new topics

top topics

join