It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montreal college shootings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That’s interesting, on the local news they said that was taken down. Maybe they were talking about something else.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ya know... I'm reading through news clips on all different websites regarding this guy and I just don't get it.

1) Listed his favorite video game as a Columbine shootout game
2) Called himself the angel of death
3) Said everything sucks but vengeance would soon be coming
4) Publicly indicated his desire to die violently, and soon.
5) Had pictures of himself with an automatic weapon!

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH US? Why is society ignoring people like this and letting this happen? Ok, granted vampirefreaks.com is not exactly myspace or whatever, but surely they have users who noticed this guy's profile.

Blaming the gun companies or opponents of gun control for this is WRONG! I'm sitting here in the office looking on my desk and realizing that I could probably kill someone with my paperweight, with my scissors, or with my letter opener. But I don't because I'm NORMAL! The gun isn't killing anyone. The fact that this person was so disturbed and mentally deranged, and PUBLICIZED IT NUMEROUS TIMES and no one lifted a finger... that's the problem. Not guns.

What if he went bonkers with a Sword instead of a gun, would you go after the Sword lobby? Oh wait...

Put the blame where it belongs. There are mentally ill people in society, we should stop ignoring them and stop placing blame everywhere else and start helping them instead. How many more times does this have to happen?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
hmmm a school shooting in a country with gun control laws so harsh they make the US look like the Isreal?
Nahh that can't be, everyone knows that gun control keeps guns out of the hands of criminals.
This must be from the onion right?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I don't believe the authorities had any information on his website prior to this incident. Unfortunately there are mentally ill people in this world ... some just constantly ramble about hurting themselves or others and some follow through.

Originally posted by sanctum

had published an online gallery of more than 50 photos depicting himself in various poses, holding a Berretta CX4 Storm semi-automatic rifle and wearing a long black trench coat and combat boots.

Why was this 'online gallery' passed over or just plain ignored by the authorities?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
There are videos on youtube taken by students with cellphones...its a shame that something like this has to happen in canada but at least it wasnt a race related shooting. that would just have made things worse.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dvd500
There are videos on youtube taken by students with cellphones...its a shame that something like this has to happen in canada but at least it wasnt a race related shooting. that would just have made things worse.

Yeah, it probably would have made things worse but the good thing about this city is how multi-cultural and diverse it is, race-related hatred is not something we see here.
Now i'm sure it exists here like anywhere else in the world but, it's not present in the mainstream,thank god for that.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
They are already saying there was only one blacktrenchcoated gunman with a mohawk haircut acting alone. But just like any good 'Columbine client'-type event, there are always hints of others involved:

"Another witness told CBC News she was smoking outside the college when she saw a tall, white man wearing a long black trench coat walk down the street with a large gun. He was with a number of other people, said the woman.... The man was about 19 years old with body piercings and wore clothing with studs, she said."
[Comment: the lone gunman was 25 and of south asian extraction]

CanWest News Service
Frightened students giving wildly varying accounts of what was happening inside. There were several reports saying there was one gunman, while others said there were as many as four.

cnn.com at 5pm, 9-13-06
A SWAT team was in the college because "we believe there might be other suspects inside," a police spokesman said.
--A recorded message at the college administration office said two gunmen were killed...

MSNBC News Services
Updated: 2:59 p.m. ET Sept. 13, 2006
Student Devansh Smri Vastava said he saw a man in military fatigues storm the school’s cafeteria..... Other witnesses said the man wore a black trench coat.

Andie Bennett, CHUM Radio's Team 990
She says students have described at least one suspect as a white male with a beard..... One witness recounts tales of seeing an armed Goth-garbed male with long black hair in the building

940 MontrealAM radio talk show
one witness said the shooter had long stringy hair, another saw 'spiky' hair sticking out from under a mask.
Caller identifiied herself as Danielle, a student: shooter had blond hair, "faux hawk," not a mohawk; had a mask around the face....
--"a lot of students have seen many, many ...like a lot of shooters..."
--"a lot of what students were hearing on the news is not right"
--"anybody you ask at Dawson....there's no way it was only one shooter/"

www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/09/13/shots-dawson.html
Public transit officials temporarily closed the subway system's green line, which serves Dawson College, in order to allow a SWAT team to sweep the underground stations.

AndyM3 at CRTF
I seen it on MSN and I'm reading about it online right now. They are reporting 2-4 gunmen, one shot by police, one committed suicide, and possibly a third or fourth on the run 'still'.

www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/09/13/shots-dawson.html
Earlier reports had said as many as three shooters walked into Dawson College. At one point, police had told local media outlets that two gunmen were dead and a third was still at large.

TorontoStar 9-13-06
Seventeen-year-old Elizabeth Gagnon: She spent the next two hours in that class withother frightened students, listening to the gunfire outside. “It would stop for a minute, and then start again.” Gagnon estimated that she heard at least 30 gunshots. “It was continuous. There had to be more than one shooter,” she said.

CanWest News Service
It is believed two of the dead were gunmen. One report quoted police saying two gunman were dead — one had been shot and one had taken his own life.
[Comment: Police at first said the shooter had shot himself, then insisted that they had killed the gunman. ]

www.canada.com/montrealgazette
"The police came out with the guy in handcuffs and there was a long trail of blood behind him," said Sonny Chiasson, an Alexis Nihon(adjacent shopping center) maintenance employee. "He was bleeding heavily from his upper chest. (Then he) fell to the ground and the police kept trying to talk to him."
Many minutes went by. "But eventually they just put a towel over his face because he was dead."
[Comment: these wounds don't sound like they were self inflicted]

940 MontrealAM radio talk show
--A caller called Adam said his sister saw a trenchcoater with buldging coat walking down a street near the school; this was after a description of the gunman had already been broadcast. Police scene converging on that area.
--Caller identified himself as James Santos, student held at gunpoint by gunman(on the second floor)..... Gunman told him to get up and stand between himself and police. Gunman told him and another student to drag a "heavy, heavy" bag a few feet, gunman then collapsed to floor from shot to the knee(blood started pouring out), he then pulled handgun from his trenchcoat and put it under his chin and shot himself.
[Comment: Medical Examiner now says shooter shot himself and had another gunshot would to his arm.]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have noted how many of these 'Columbine-clients' seem to have a prior relationship with either the shrinks or the cops, or sometimes both. Reading the following online quotes from the perp, one wonders if the cops didn't have a line on him.

Excerp from Kimveer Gill’s "fatality666" online journal:
"I wonder why my household has been under surveillance by law enforcement for 6 years now? Makes no sense to me!!
Oh, you’re wondering how I know?
lol
Bet you little monkeys are
Hey, assholes!!
Everything everyone says or does against me is shown to me in my dreams, I see everything. You #ing monkeys.
God, you humans are so inferior."

www.thetrenchcoat.com/arc...l#comments
From Kimveer's VF bloggings:
Undercover police officers February 15, 2006, 10:57:am
"The police are watching me. They actually think I don't know this. They are monitering my movements.
Hey pigs....You shouldn't be pretending to be nice little goth girls, and doing surveilance on people....It's just not nice."

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The media is making a big huff over this guy’s connection to Vapirefreaks.com and that Columbine game. The MSM is also looking at “goth” culture. This guy doesn’t look like any goth I’ve ever seen.
He just looks like some psycho.

I would like to send my sincere condolences to families and the victims of this tragedy.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It made the news here, but since it did happen in Canada and Canada doesn't have a Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, I guess there is less political hay to be made from the event. If it had happened a few miles south, everyone from Rudy Giuliani to Michael Moore to Sarah Brady would be raising hell.

You can tell from the picture above that the little wacko had no firearms training and therefore no respect for the responsiblity of firearms ownership.

[edit on 2006/9/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You can tell from the picture above that the little wacko had no firearms training and therefore no respect for the responsiblity of firearms ownership.

What an odd comment...

I'm more offended that he had no respect for human life.

:shk:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by loamI'm more offended that he had no respect for human life.

A person who respects the responsibilties of firearms ownership understands the value of life. I can understand that not everyone understands that relationship, but quite frankly, the condesceding attitude of the uninformed annoys me to no end.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

A person who respects the responsibilties of firearms ownership understands the value of life.

...or his own ass.

I can understand that not everyone understands that relationship and quite frankly, the condesceding attitude of the uninformed annoys me to no end.

Likewise...

But I still like you Grady.

Meant no direct offense.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by loam]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I like you, too, loam, and I respect your opinions, but this thing [ :shk: ] interjects a nearly intolerable arrogance to the discourse.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

...but this thing [ :shk: ] interjects a nearly intolerable arrogance to the discourse.

Actually, *it* was directed to his lack of respect for human life...but I can see why you interpreted otherwise.

I admit to a small swipe at you with the "odd" comment, but let's not turn it into a full punch it was not.

In the end, I think you and I stand on the same side of recognizing the depraved nature of the nutcase who is the subject of this thread.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW, I equally respect your opinions...

[edit on 15-9-2006 by loam]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It made the news here, but since it did happen in Canada and Canada doesn't have a Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, I guess there is less political hay to be made from the event. If it had happened a few miles south, everyone from Rudy Giuliani to Michael Moore to Sarah Brady would be raising hell.

Never miss an opportunity for a swipe at the left with little regard for the families, dead kids or what this says about society in general. Yeah, just a little whacko!

[edit on 15-9-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It's NOT a submachine(automatic) gun, it's a Carbine, specifically it's a CX4 Storm
A single shot carbine which is readily available outside of California (banned), it just looks cool and submachine like, styling which is psychologically threatening to someone who is not carrying it.

Lets face it, the guy was an idiot, that had the audacity to take another with him when he won his bid for a Darwin Award. Hope his family has enough to leave Canada after the locals get done sueing them.

edit to correct gun to semi-automatic.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by 2stepsfromtop]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If you guys want to read his blog, search for the user Fatality666 (www.vampirefreaks.com).

Pretty #ed up.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
From Kimveer Gill's web postings:

www.canada.com...
On Sept. 10(2006), he complained a violent video game about a psychotic killer was not realistic enough.

"I want them to make a game so realistic, that it looks and feels like it's actually happening," he wrote.

--------------------
To which I can only say: Hey dumbass! They did, and you're in it!!

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dvd500

How do you know it wasnt' that? He was Indian (india) background and he went into a downtown college full of Jews...? with people of other backgrounds of course too.

His family when interviewed was very mysterious, did not integrate with neighbours, the parents could not explain how they make a living and the parents said they had not idea whatsoever what he was up to. When they were asked about the guys they said he learned about them in his brief (1 month) military basic training... but the military denies this?

Nah there is no conspiracy here folks..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join