It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts I've had on alien human war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hey guys I'm new here and thought I'd just post some thoughts I've been having about the results of an alien-human war. Everything is based on my own ideas and conclusions.

okay here goes.

I think that the end result of an alien-human war would be either result in an alien withdraw or perhaps a stalemate (planet becomes too ravaged to be of any value_ and heres why.

Considering that in the more developed societies here on earth the birth rate is considerably lower than in developing countries i am applying the same idea to another race. Considering that they will be far advanced of our technology, i'm assuming that their birth rate will be considerably lower and that their population will be rather limited.

Although their technology will far exceed our own I can't foresee their weapons being much more destructive than current nuclear weapons (and even if they were they would not use these as that would ruin any hope of harvesting resources, ie slaves or minerals).

advanced technology reduces in diminished fighting capability. I'm basing this on the fact that as our weapons have advanced the need for close quarter combat has decreased and therefore the training has not been implemented for it. I'll use the Korean/vietnam (can't remember which sorry) war as an example. With the development of air to air missiles the US govt felt that the need for a gun on their phantoms was not needed and so it was removed. Dog fight training was also deemed unecessary and removed. However they found in the war that this was a major drawback to their capabilites and they hurriedly reinstated the gun and dog fight training. Applying this to ETs I think that while the initial attack obviously from the air or from orbit will be massively succesful, after that when they are forced to move to ground combat I think that man will get the upper hand. The idea of huge "mechs" as in war of the worlds i find to bit a little out their as caterpillar tracks and wheels are far more effective modes of movement than legs and the ability to transport such vehicles would be severely draining.

Because of the distances invloved in such a war it would take large amounts of time to suppply the invading army. By the time the need has been communicated it is already too late.

Instead of appearing like the British colonisation of America, Australia etc. I see the war taking the shape of the Vietnam and second gulf wars or the russian invasion of afghanistan where the invader is extremely succesful against conventional forces but meet their ultimate defeat with guerilla warfare.

My last point is the human spirit. It can drive people to amazingly brilliant feats suc as climbing everest, and to amazing feats of destruction ie the holocaust, 9/11 etc. Faith, religion and freedom are such powerful motivators that I don't see mankind succumbing to the invaders until we are extinct.

As I said just some food for thought and discussion.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
we will own pwn and bone you cuz humans have a spirit and passion which the aliens lack and oh btw i forgot the metagene factor(makes pople like superman in extreme psy situation eg chris agnel form mindfreak,david blane etc ) from ducle files.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_blind_one
Applying this to ETs I think that while the initial attack obviously from the air or from orbit will be massively succesful, after that when they are forced to move to ground combat I think that man will get the upper hand.

I don't wish to burn your ideas here and it is obvious you've put thought into the thread BUT, the first rule of engagement is observation/ recon. If aliens were to attack for whatever reason they would see what weaponry they had and the threat it posed.

Given you think the air to ground weaponry would work to great effect- why would they need to land? to mop up a handful of survivors? Why wouldn't the alien forces have armoured vehicles? Even hi-tech armour shielding/ forces fields?

You also mention the distances involved and their supply route being too long. Now, in my eyes, they wouldn't have flown all the way here sitting on a chance. What about forward bases (such as the back of the Moon?).

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Yeh there are an unlimited number of possibilities to go against what I've said because at the end of the day we just don't know what to expect.

I like using Vietnam and the two gulf wars as examples because the superpower vs the developing nation is a good similarity.

Forward bases was not something i had thought about, and if there is a huge fleet hiding behind the moon we're in trouble.

If it were an alien victory it would be total and quick. But if there was a drawn out conflict with the use of suicide attacks and the such it may drain the will to fight out of our would be oppressors.

Unless there is something incredibly remarkable about our planet they may just think about invadeing one with less ressisstence and equal gain.

Spies and major infiltration into the govt and military may play a huge role though which i havn't taken into account.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The America (alien) Vietnam (earth) comparison seems rather close to me, too close, in fact. It seems more likely to me the scenario would be tipped even greater in their favor, more like a human being (alien) vs. sugar ant infestation (earth). If their technology or level of advancement were closer to our, we’d have undeniable proof of them by now.

I’m sure the cover up people might disagree, claiming that we do indeed have undeniable proof, it simply hasn’t been disclosed to the public, But seeing as to how the only way to keep a secret between three people is to kill two of them, I doubt the world governments know much more than we, the public, do.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
However thats assuming that we're actually being visited. To me the universe is too large and too olf to deny the existence of another species but are we being visited. IMO no.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Excellent thread since this will happen in future I believe and any discussion about it today and learning discovered could literally save humanity.

Points I have:

1. Yes Aliens have no interest in destroying the world nor all of humanity that I know of. Thus the old Star Trek tactic of destroying self may cause them to back away or go elsewhere. If we are all destroyed then maybe we end up somewhere else.

2. The aliens attack and yes do a lot of damage but terrorist fighting humans ensure they do not gain control of entire earth.

3. Humans develop higher level abilities which the aliens are AFRAID of. These skills are taught and expanded upon so that to a good degree alien technology is diminished in effectiveness.

4. Humans steal alien technology and back engineer it as in past but in accelerated process.

5. Humans make contact with other positive and friendly alien races which join us in the battle against a common enemy.

6. We form alliances with other positive forces in the etherical realms.

7. We genetically improve the human race for OUR ADVANTAGE rather than as slaves.

8. We find methods to get off earth and start new colony elsewhere in hopes of it assisting in future.

9. We form alliances with negative aliens that 'want out.'

top topics

join