It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne says 'Test nonlethal weapons on Americans'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Nonlethal weapons such as high-power microwave devices should be used on American citizens in crowd-control situations before being used on the battlefield, the Air Force secretary said Tuesday.

The object is basically public relations. Domestic use would make it easier to avoid questions from others about possible safety considerations, said Secretary Michael Wynne.

"If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation," said Wynne. "(Because) if I hit somebody with a nonlethal weapon and they claim that it injured them in a way that was not intended, I think that I would be vilified in the world press."

I dont know about you folks, but does this seem SO WRONG to anyone else?
I mean, are you kidding me? What if they're wrong about it's lethality?
Thoughts/Comments anyone?

Full Article From CNN here

AB1

[edit on 13-9-2006 by alphabetaone]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well any kind of weapon gos through alot of testing before it's issued,
and considering non-lethal energy weapons have been used on people
before, with there knowledge beforehand.
So I'm sure they are safe for use.

Honestly though, I do not think they should be used only in war,
and not as non-lethal weapons for crowd control or whatever.

Also, with microwave beam weapons, they would have to be on a
high setting and focused on a point for quite along time to actualy
cause a burn, there just extremely painful weapons with no after
effects.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
alpha, This statement from the Secretary is a vile warning to any would be protester. The notion that this government is worried about how they're viewed overseas is pure BS. What mob and when? I am shocked that there has been no outrage over his statements. He should be fired immediately. Pure Orwellian!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
alpha, This statement from the Secretary is a vile warning to any would be protester. The notion that this government is worried about how they're viewed overseas is pure BS. What mob and when? I am shocked that there has been no outrage over his statements. He should be fired immediately. Pure Orwellian!

As am I, very shocked that there wouldn't be further outrage at this in PARTICULAR. It stops short of a license to torture our own, and it slips quietly under the radar? I guess not enough see it as a threat, yet....

Edited for typo

[edit on 29-9-2006 by alphabetaone]

new topics

top topics

join