It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farewell King Ralph

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ralph Klein, Premier of Alberta, will be resigning this month after 12 years in the office. As a tribute to the Canadian politician who has made me laugh the most over the past 12 years, here are some classic King Ralph quotes.

Ralph on a career in politics:

"You get a lot of free dinners but after that you get sort of tired, especially when you quit drinking, and then it's no fun at all, so I don't know why they would want to do it"

Ralph on him being in politics:

"I wake up in the morning and I say, 'Why am I here? And it's because I'm not all there!"

Ralph, when asked about the candidates for his replacment:

"There's an old saying in politics: Anyone dumb enough to run for the job is probably too stupid to have it"

Source for above quotes

Ralph on Ontario's Premier, Dalton McGuinty, criticizing Alberta healthcare reform:

"I'm no doctor, but I think that Mr. McGuinty's got a case of premature speculation."

source

Ralph on Kevin Taft, the Leader of the Alberta Liberal Party:

"Sorry, Mr. Speaker. I won't use the word 'fib.' I'll say that he doesn't tell the whole truth all the time - most of the time."

source

Ralph Klein on the Ice Age:

“My science is limited to the fact that eons ago there was an ice age,” said Klein. “I know that. I also know that the arctic was once covered by tundra and I guess it makes me wonder why. Was it dinosaur farts? I don’t know.”

source

Goodbye Ralph. It's been, well, interesting.....

new topics

join