It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next REAL War: America against who??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I am a total history buff, especially military history. As an Empire, the Romans were almost constantly at war with other various tribes and nations.

The United States of America, also in essence an empire, has had a major war every 20 or so years since it's birth in the late 1800's.

My question to you all is: Who will be, in your opinion, the next major adversary?

I'm not talking about inner confilct in America( revolution or civil or race war; that's a whole other subject in itself ), I'm talking about a war against a foreign adversary.

I will post my opinion after I have a read a few of yours.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Probably Russia, since they've publically announced the adoption of a pre-emptive strike policy, or another Arab state, or maybe even in Asia agaisnt China or North Korea. It's hard to tell, but at this point I think somewhere in Asia.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think it will have to be North Korea, and thus in turn will end up involving China, and maybe the Russians too.

But before this happens I think we will see The USA (and us, that is the good old UK), raiding various Arab countries (Syria, maybe Iran).

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The next war will be against Syria I think. Either that or Iran. This administration feels they need to lock up the middle east.

Long term will be china/muslims versus us/ussr.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think it will be North Korea ! I also believe that "nukes" will be used to some level..

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It depends on future events.
If the US manages to achieve it's aims in Iraq, a further war in the Middle East will become more unlikely.
North Korea is going to have to be dealt with diplomatically due to it's possible nuclear capability and it's close proximity to China.

There is a strong possibilty that the next US conflict is not yet on the horizon or is bubbling under the surface as Serbia did.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
America will go to war with themselves. The country is falling apart as we speak

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Depending what kind of ressources are missing

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Salem]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It may not be the *next* war coming up, but I'm pretty well convinced that, in the near future, there'll be a war of American Patriots vs. Incorporated American Government...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Currently at this moment I cannot say because I don't know how things will turn out in the next few years.

But I think currently, if Russia was ever to start up their Empire again, they would be a huge adversary. Same goes for China. If China were to invade Russia first, and succeed, then we would be in huge trouble. Same goes for if Russia invaded China.

However, a joint effort between the two, would be devastating.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
china and africa...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia w/Iran.
I still contend that Saddam or Osama will show up there, thus a "reason" for our invasion. Errrr, our "liberation," I mean.
Saudi's a gut feeling more than anything in particular.

North Korea.
They're rattling their sticks a little too loud re: nukes. Sooner or later, more people will start to wonder why we went after Iraq's "WMDs" while ignoring North Korea's apparent weapons of global destruction.
Gotta save face, and there's an election coming up!

-B.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Nat,
"I am a total history buff, especially military history. As an Empire, the Romans were almost constantly at war with other various tribes and nations.

The United States of America, also in essence an empire, has had a major war every 20 or so years since it's birth in the late 1800's."

History buff eh? LOL! The US was founded in 1776. If you are talking about various wars or total war concept since the late 1800s, then state it such. It looks to me you think the US was birthed around the late 1800s.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I'd put my money on China. Last year in 2002 we almost went to (nuclear) war wtih china 8 times. So my navy friend told me.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   

History buff eh? LOL! The US was founded in 1776. If you are talking about various wars or total war concept since the late 1800s, then state it such. It looks to me you think the US was birthed around the late 1800s.

You're right, I meant 18th century.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Ok now everything is straight and narrow now!

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
N korea/Arab country. But we dont another Vietnam. George bush is prepared to destroy the world, We must be prepared to stop him.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I say we go to war with denmark.
they haven't had any problems lately.
or maybe norway.
or greenland.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You said the Romans were always at war. If you think about it. The Romans were a grand empire and then suddenly collapsed. In fact, just about every civilization has followed a similar pattern. Think of Egypt too. Might not it be possible that societies today are also included in that pattern and that America as a society is in its downfall.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
most likly China, Russia, or North Korea. im leaning more toward North Korea

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join