It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy and Time Zones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Okay, let's make this question official.

In what time zone should we clock date-specific prophecies? I think the standard-bearer ought to be the eastern time zone (EST) since the U.N. is located in New York.

But that's my two cents worth.

Everyone else?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I guess it depends. If the prophecy is about New York I'd think you would use EST (New York's time) or a prophecy about California would probably refer to PST, etc. Otherwise ,I suppose we should be using GMT as a standard in cases where world-wide events are said to occur.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
IMO, the only prophecy I know of that is extremely time specific is the end of the Mayan calendar.

In that case, the Yucatan would be in CST.

If there are any other prophecies which are to culminate with such accuracy, let's hear about it.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Here's the answer! Found right in the Bible.

My Time, Yaweh trumpets!

Time, what time will that be for the end?

Time is on my side. Yaweh knows the time.

Sets His sights from New York. His watch, it is of the East.

Hey! My clock reads East. Prepare and Behold for I come during the time of daylight in the east.

Wow! I'm stunned. So Yaweh does base his prophecies on EST. Inform all!

[edit on 12-9-2006 by behindthescenes]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Time dont exist how about that. It only exists because we make it exist... Did you know that the roman calendar(the calendar that almost everyone uses) was a way for rome to show they defeated there enemies? Think about that one..> Sun up sun down spring summer winter fall.. That is time..

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdem02
Time dont exist how about that. It only exists because we make it exist... Did you know that the roman calendar(the calendar that almost everyone uses) was a way for rome to show they defeated there enemies? Think about that one..> Sun up sun down spring summer winter fall.. That is time..

Time DOES exist...the MEASUREMENT of time is what exists because we make it exist. Call it a year, a Knobler, a QuarkShertin or nothing...time STILL passes, people age and stars die...we just choose to give the passing of time a measurement.

If time did not exist, we would not die.

- Beezer

top topics

join