It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long Are You Likely To Live?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
A study from Harvard University that Americans who live the longest or die the soonest are greatly influenced by both race and geography. For example Asian American women in Bergen County can expect to live about ninety-one years, where Native Americans living in South Dakota will likely live only fifty-eight years.

The Harvard University study examined which Americans live longest and which die soonest and found great disparities based on both race and geography.

The gap between those with the longest and shortest life spans not only has endured, but has widened since 1984 despite research and initiatives to close the disparity. In some populations, such as rural whites living in Appalachia, the life expectancy is as low as that found in poorer nations.

Researchers found the usual suspects for early death -- infant mortality, homicide, AIDS, income and lack of health insurance -- were not the great contributors some scientists had originally suspected.

Sorce Materal

The study was sponsored by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and used data from the U.S. Census.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There are so many variables when you discuss lifespan. From what happened to to you as a child to present etc etc. Its hard to pin things down.

Geography can play a huge issue IMHO. From background radiation levels to pollutants etc.

I would be interested in seeing any changes brought about by the consumption of organic versus conventional foodstufs etc. I would be surprised if there is a huge difference IMHO, but you never know.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
How long am I likely to live???

Two weeks ago I would have said that I'd live into my 70s. Go read my Naproxon Warning thread. I just hope I make it to Christmas. I feel like crap.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/12/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

How long am I likely to live???

Two weeks ago I would have said that I'd live into my 70s. Go read my Naproxon Warning thread. I just hope I make it to Christmas. I feel like crap.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Flyers,
I am sory to hear that you are feeling so lousey. I do hope you and your heart will be ok. I hope that drug is never perscribed for me. I have had heat problems in the past.

new topics

top topics

join