It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Sage 2

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Go ahead lock this tread.....you got a hard on for the shutup button don't you? No, you might not live in America but most your members are American so shut us up why don't you. You sound anti-American. You have locked three threads in the last two days Alien.....why?....don't like what we have to say?I was not absuive.....I just called it like I see it but what do I get.....LOCKED THREAD.....Why because I want to hear what BigSage had to say....I listened to more abuse toward him that was not stopped.....seems that if the POV is different than yours its stopped....I bet this thread will be locked.........Am I being over dramatic?????You locked the last thread I posted on because of this.....Go ahead lock the thread....Ill keep Posting it.....under different names if I have to.........I will not be shut up......If you are soooo right then why do you use your petty posting powers to shut us up????

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hrm, a quick question.

These threads that have all been locked etc.

Was there any actual content in them or just whining about the staff?

Serious question btw as I've been out of the loop for a while

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Are you bigsage? Whats up with all your ellipses (...) in your post?

Listen, bigsage was a troll. He never typed coherently despite people persistently requesting him to.

He...also...typed...using...those...frickin...ellipses...after...every...sentence.

I've seen people banned for less at other boards. He was a troll plain and simple that refused to engage in standard human conversation.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
No I'm not big sage. Are you a moderator under a different name? Am I the only poster to use........in their posts? Just because I want to hear what he has to say I am him? I was not bitching about "the staff" I was bitching about one of the staff. Troll in your opinion is not the same in mine.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   
In case your wondering the warn is from me.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hrm, I'm not 100% sure but I wouldnt think that posting style is a displinary issue here on ATS. As far as grammar goes at least. Although it would be nice if people realised that their arguments/opinions would be far more acceptable and taken more seriously if it was avoided.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Well some others and myself understood what he was doing and saying......others came around after the thread was over....seems theIGNORANT still can't understand. When you use the silence button for all of us you are speaking for all of us......Seems there are more than just me that want to hear his POV....regardless what he has to say or what I agree with....it's selective....he did more than prove a point in his post....he made it reality to me

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   
What was it bitching about then? Did the mod in question lock a thread of any importance?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It does not matter if it was important or not.....what is not important to me may be important to someone else. What is so wrong about someone having their say? You are having yours......how about if everyone started flaming you like thay did BigSage....and then you were put on IGNORE....how would you like it? Sure I know your reply......and I will Im sure I will disagree with you but I will not ignore you.....THAT IS THE COWARDS WAY OUT... afraid you might be persuaded to think differently than you have been trained?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Well whoever bigsage is he/she/they obviously broke some of the rules (I'd guess more than just some) and needed to be reminded to at least try to carry out civilized discussion.

By important I mean't was there any actual content apart from attacks on people?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I have less issue with the ellipses than I do bigsage's persistence in not making any sense when he typed. He didn't and if you can't recognize that you are equally as incoherent, IMO. All I need from other members is to be able to decipher their posts rather than be confused every time they type. Conversation cannot continue in that manner contrary to your beliefs.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The attacks were directed at him also but I didn't see anything being done about that.....Myself....I was deducted points by John Bull for what reason? Stating my point of view? So this is how it is.......Post what you want as long as the admin agrees or you will be fined points.....Go ahead and sit back and watch, Make an example of me too....no big deal!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Well firstly, Just because you didnt see anything done does not mean that nothing was done.

Secondly, could you start giving out some specifics so I can have a good look for myself?

(If you don't feel comfortable using names in here feel free to u2u me)

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Err also, I'm quite sure that noone is going to lock/remove your posts just for disagreeing with their opinions. Posts get locked/removed for breaking the rules of the board, no more no less.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
The attacks were directed at him also but I didn't see anything being done about that.....Myself....I was deducted points by John Bull for what reason? Stating my point of view? So this is how it is.......Post what you want as long as the admin agrees or you will be fined points.....Go ahead and sit back and watch, Make an example of me too....no big deal!
If you're going to defend a troll, then you deserve points deductions. Thats my take on it. I don't care what you think about bigsage, the fact is he made no sense to the vast majority of this board. If you are going to defend and promote his trolling methods, then you are also becoming part of the problem.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   
So, because you don't agree with what I am saying I should be punished? How do you know what the "Vast Majority" thinks ....who gave you athority to speak for the majority? Did you take a Poll? I see no poll. How do you know what the majority thinks. How about the Majority speak?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
How about you speak, and give some specifics instead of picking irrelevant points to argue about.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If we were to do a poll that stated "Can you understand bigsage's posts" 99% of people would respond "NO".

He may be a nice guy in real life, I don't know, the fact is he can't type a coherent sentence to save his life online.

I don't know any particulars of points loss for posting messages of this sort, but if it is board proceedure, then board proceedure is doing its duty here. You aren't in the right on this matter, of this I am certain.

If you have to complain about the loss of anybody, don't do it about bigsage.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well it's 6am here in Va and I need to sleep....Ill post tomorrow but I think I made my point....I believe I don't need to elaborate any further to the vast majority. Just because you have the title "Moderator" Or "SuperModerator" does not make you any more intellegent than any of the other posters on here.....it just means that you can suck points from us and hit the global ignore button. Global Bully is more the key phrase.....go ahead and use it

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I am sensing that you dont have any real issues concerning BIGSAGE but feel he was censored and now he is not free to speak whats left of his mind. Even if his ramblings were coherent or not your upset because he had his volume turned down
Well then just say it. We all know what your talking about .
But in the end I feel that your digging yourself a hole and you may not be able to get out. Its just going to get more frustrating and upsetting for you. Just understand that your not Norma Rae you cant speak out against an unjust world. This is a website.
Enjoy it. I dont agree with things but I cant control them. I have to accept that. Somethings are just not meant to be. Thats it. Post and be happy!
Turn that frown upside down and put your behind past you and I mean your past behind you!

Mark

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join