It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we get rid of these discussion-derailing pests?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Decisions to warn or ban members should be behind the scenes, would we really want to come to the board everyday and read why the latest person has been banned?

Well, I was talking about responding publicly to the derailers in-thread by we members, not the mods. And while I feel sorry for picklewalsh, as he WAS a valued member of the group for a while, he's not the point here, nor should he be. He was banned for something of a much different, and more serious nature than what we're discussing here.

Besides, I'm not advocating a ban necessarilly; I'm merely suggesting the ability for we members to reserve the right to actively hunt down and expose those that come here for no other purpose than to disrupt our train of thought. I suppose in some ways, that's an oppressive thing, yet at the same time, their actions stifle thought progression, and prevent mental growth. Should we allow that to happen, or should we squash it before it becomes a problem? Therein lies the dillema that I find myself in at this time.

Anyone care to opine? I'm looking for help here from the collective wisdom of this board.

TheBorg

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Is this anything like "Threadkillers"???

There are some, who post something so as-a matter-of factly- that others stay away from the thread from then on...

You can see who they are. Theirs is ALWAYS the last post.

Its aggravating as all getout.

THEY have the last word. :shk:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Everyone starts at certain point and for these are the turning and altimate questions that they fail to realise that many people in this world ask. Sometimes its used because they have no other answer to the person above tehm and they use it as a get out clause. But its the way it is here, maybe some members should have experience points if lets say you have been a here a month you are not allowed in certain discussions if you are new. That way by that time they would have gone full circle in their lack of uncertain opinions so from the month trial of reading other posts they would have an individual mature opinion. Let them but not participate untill they have matured a bit. Some just turn up as sceptics about everything anyway so its hard for them to kind of know our overall look to everything.

I have opinions about most subjects on here and have got a view that joins it all up, one has to be like David Ike i terms of Know how, one has to be set in some routes, as i my self see it from a Biblical perspective. Example UFOs and Aliens= angelic activity some my be Ufologist minded and say Jesus was an impregnated alien for man kind and the star at bethlehem was a UFO. But we all need to establish our ground and work from there.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well, it looks like the people -- including a fair number of moderators and senior members -- have spoken, and they don't care for my proposal. Fair enough.

I predict, nonetheless, that a time will come when ATS is obliged to introduce a rule like this in order to preserve what attracted most members to this board in the first place.

Meanwhile -- onward, onward!

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You can see who they are. Theirs is ALWAYS the last post.

Its aggravating as all getout.

THEY have the last word.

And have you noticed, they usually wait for a lull in the conversation before they spew their vitriolic locution!!!

It also seems that they follow the members around that they can get the most mileage out of..

Semper

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Is this anything like "Threadkillers"???

There are some, who post something so as-a matter-of factly- that others stay away from the thread from then on...

Hey DGT, not sure what you mean by "matter-of-factly". Could you explain a little more? THanks, just curious.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
You know the absolute easiest way to keep a thread going the way you want it?

YES....tell them you know magic because your grandfather was a mason. Right spartan?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
You know the absolute easiest way to keep a thread going the way you want it?

...Stop being lazy, and tend to your thread.

Thank you for your courteous, original and absolutely fascinating advice.

You're welcome to make gratuitous comments on my personal work ethic whenever you feel inclined.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Thats what it is all about. There have been many time that I have had a very set opinion on things and just hated the reverse opinion someone was giving me, but I watched I read and I debated and sometimes changed my mind.
The world of science is full of this problem,just ask anyone that tries to go against what was set in stone as the norm 200 years ago. People who buck the preverbial system get blackballed. We should not do the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join