It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Report Details Errors Before War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The Senate Intelligence Commitee released it's long-awaited report, yesterday, which details why the Bush Administration relied on evidence that was clearly inaccurate and in some cases untrue. The report gives new insights into why the Bush administration relied on inaccurate information on Saddam Husseins program to develop weapons of mass destruction provided by U.S. Intelligence, including why intelligence agencies acepted reports from Iraqi intelligence because they passed lie detector exams.

www.washingtonpost.com
The long-awaited Senate Intelligence Committee report released yesterday sheds new light on why U.S. intelligence agencies provided inaccurate prewar information about Saddam Hussein and his weapons programs, including details on how Iraqi exiles who fabricated or exaggerated their stories were accepted as truthful because they passed Pentagon lie detector tests.

The two newly declassified chapters of the report fueled political accusations yesterday that the Bush administration lied to justify invading Iraq, but the documents' nearly 400 pages contain several examples of how bad information wound up accepted as truthful in intelligence assessments at the time.
A section includes the results of an evaluation by the CIA of its performance, which concludes that, despite repeated prewar assessments that the Iraqis were practicing deceit and deception to hide their weapons, there actually were no such efforts because there were no weapons.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm sure that the reports conclusion, that there was no accurate or reliable intelligence information to justify invading Iraq, comes as no surprise to most of you. However, it is gratifying to see that the Senate and CIA are finally admitting it, even if it comes too late for those who have already suffered and died in that war, including U.S military personel and Iraqi citizens.

What the ultimate fall-out of the report will be, politically speaking, remains to be seen; however, it's a safe bet that it will lend much needed fire power to Democrats and Independents, come election time.

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au
www.nydailynews.com
www.slate.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Weapons Meet WMD Criteria
The Secret Battle over WMDs: Interview with Paul (Dave) Gaubatz (Exclusive)

[edit on 9/10/2006 by Stormrider]

[edit on 9/10/2006 by Stormrider]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Finally some one of good "repor" has fixed the issue of this not being able to be voted or posted upon.

Thanks much.

GREAT compilation, this news is good to see, great job who ever it is that submitted this. My vote has been had.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Come on lets call a spade a spade...they lied through their bloody teeth. AND the Senate report went on to say that there was never any detante between Saddam Hussien and Al Qaeda and when Bush and Cheney were asserting that there were, all they were doing was blowing smoke up our collective asses. Of course there are plenty on here who will never accept this... I can think of one in praticular, who, if Christ himself, came down and told him point blank that Bush etal. are bald faced liars who scammed us into an unprovoked and unneccessary war, they would still denydenydeny...Denial by the way is NOT a river in Egypt.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Come on lets call a spade a spade...they lied through their bloody teeth. AND the Senate report went on to say that there was never any detante between Saddam Hussien and Al Qaeda and when Bush and Cheney were asserting that there were, all they were doing was blowing smoke up our collective asses. Of course there are plenty on here who will never accept this... I can think of one in praticular, who, if Christ himself, came down and told him point blank that Bush etal. are bald faced liars who scammed us into an unprovoked and unneccessary war, they would still denydenydeny...Denial by the way is NOT a river in Egypt.

I'm sorry, Grover, did you have the impression that I was soft-pedalling the senate report? I can assure you that I agree with you whole-heartedly and provided a link to the story detailing the senate report. What others will or will not accept...well, I can't do anything about that; all I can do is present the information and hope that those who read it will be able to connect the dots.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I am sorry I gave the imprssion that I thought you were soft pedaling...Its just at this late date I have lost all patience with the bush apologists. This man and his policies have done grave harm to both this country here at home and our good standing abroad, and still people worship the ground he slithers across.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I am sorry I gave the imprssion that I thought you were soft pedaling...Its just at this late date I have lost all patience with the bush apologists. This man and his policies have done grave harm to both this country here at home and our good standing abroad, and still people worship the ground he slithers across.

No worries, I know the feeling, especially after learning that he deliberately mislead the country as to his reasons for going to war with Iraq. It's amazing the things you can learn from a Senate Intelligence report, isn't it?

top topics

join