It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite what many believed about WOT by Bush, many Muslims coming to America for freedom.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Link

America’s newest Muslims arrive in the afternoon crunch at John F. Kennedy International Airport. Their planes land from Dubai, Casablanca and Karachi. They stand in line, clasping documents. They emerge, sometimes hours later, steering their carts toward a flock of relatives, a stream of cabs, a new life.

This was the path for Nur Fatima, a Pakistani woman who moved to Brooklyn six months ago and promptly shed her hijab. Through the same doors walked Nora Elhainy, a Moroccan who sells electronics in Queens, and Ahmed Youssef, an Egyptian who settled in Jersey City, where he gives the call to prayer at a palatial mosque.

“I got freedom in this country,” said Ms. Fatima, 25. “Freedom of everything. Freedom of thought.”

The events of Sept. 11 transformed life for Muslims in the United States, and the flow of immigrants from countries like Egypt, Pakistan and Morocco thinned dramatically.

But five years later, as the United States wrestles with questions of terrorism, civil liberties and immigration control, Muslims appear to be moving here again in surprising numbers, according to statistics compiled by the Department of Homeland Security and the Census Bureau.

You think that Al Qaeda's propaganda spouting(for years now) about America and its allies are trying to destroy Islam, why would Muslims in large numbers come to America?
Osama Bin Laden has failed to inspire a billion Muslims to join his fatwa or Jihad against the infidel Americans. And this proves that many Muslims still prefer to side with America (or at least be neutral in the conflict) and never to join Osama's Jihad.

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 9-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Most arabs are good hearted people..... I think that what has largely happened in the Middle East is that 5000 years of warfare and hatred has caused fanaticism to explode in the Middle East. I mean, let's face it, we are dealing with a group of people, Israelis included, that have been fighting for thousands of years.

Do you honestly think that Middle Eastern countries are going to allow a country, the United States, that doesn't even have 250 years of history come in and tell them to change their practice of thousands of year? I don't.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Deltaboy people around the world always has look upon US freedoms and way of life as an inspiration for a better life.

That has not change much even when our political leaders policies around the world has done more harm than good to our image as a nation.

Still this is the best nation to live and thrive under at least for now.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
marg, i completely agree, except for the best place to live

america is just such a stressful country, people are always going places, doing things, never just sitting back, relaxing in silence

though if you want to thrive USA is AOK

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I would think these are the people who still embrace their religion, and know that they can still practice their religion the way they want to in the US. They are the people afraid of the extremists. They don't want to be forced into how they have to live and practice their religious beliefs. They don't want to live in an Islamic state where women are whipped if not fully covered and fathers can kill their kin if they feel they disrespected their families or shamed the family and where people can be stoned for sexual misconduct.

At least, that is the people I hope they are letting move here.

new topics

top topics

join