It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the 9/11 hijackers have a U.S. accomplice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   

It's one of the most pressing questions after the 9/11 terrorist attacks: Did the 19 hijackers have any accomplices inside the United States? The FBI has always said "no," but NBC News has learned that because of new information, the FBI has now renewed its investigation of a man the 9/11 Commission said was "perfectly suited" to help the hijackers with their mission.

source

surely they must have had help within the US? both to help them find the flight training and to contact their superiors, is it not usual to have "handlers?"

The same must surely be the case with the bombers from the 7/7 attacks in the UK iirc the officials still claim that they acted alone, but who trained them to make explosives and then turn it into a bomb?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Did the 9/11 hijackers have a U.S. accomplice? of course they did.

The U.S. government.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I believe they did. I believe we were behind it. Look deep into the clintion adminstation and how he spent most of his time in another country. More than any other leader we ever had. Look at how many people died in his adminstration. Look at how people stoled for him. What is he hiding. Yes he could of had bin laden he choose not too. They need a man to blame this war on. And as long as they have bin laden then they have a reason to continue to have a war.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I watch Discovery and National Geographics alot, and they have been runing an ad for an upcoming documentary that is to be aired tomorrow 9/10 here in norway. I think it's called Bin Laden's Spy In America. They say this spy infiltrated both the FBI and CIA and that he was given security clearance by the military.

They didn't give any names or anything, and I've never heard of this before, so my first thought was disinformation or some kind of hype to take the blame away from Bush & Co. and blame it on the military. I'll try to catch the show when they air it and report back later.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
They were very americanized, spoke the language well and never grew the traditional beard/mustache like most muslims on purpose to blend in.

They probably had people that they were just friends with who never knew of the mission but the terrorists used for what they needed.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The show was an 2hour special so there's way to much information to fit into one thread. There were some interesting points however:

-The spy is named Ali Mohammed, and is a former egyptian military officer with special forces background.
-Speaks englis, hebrew, arabic, and a few other languages fluently.
-Degree in psychology.
-Friend of Osama bin Laden and devoted to extreme Islam and jihad.
-Involved in the training and development of al-Quaida since early 80's
-Did one assignment for the CIA in germany but was black listed after he sold them out and revealed to the guys he was supposed to spy on that he was working for the CIA.
-Came to america in a military exchange programme (despite being on a list of suspected terorists)
-Applied at the FBI for a translator job, but was hired for his inside information of the terrorist network. Got #listed again after doing exactly the same as he did with the CIA.
-In the process he stole a lot of classified documents which were used when he wrote the terrorist training manual still in use by al-Quaida today.
-Osama hired him to train his personal bodyguards after the assasination attempst on him.
-Has been in US custody in a secret federal detention center since around 94, althoug has never been trialed or sentenced for anyting. In fact, they still use him for information.
-Had intimate details of the 9/11 attack in spite of being in complete isolation for a week.

And much more...it was just overwhelming. I kind of got the feeling this was the show to connect all the dots as they pretty much gave the image that all terrorists were working with eachother across borders to achieve the same goal; an islamic state. Propaganda for the war-machine.

The show also shows how the US intelligence community got repeated warnings about terrorist activity, knew about the terrorists intent to crash planes into buildings, allowed some very high profile black-listed people to enter the US and get a visa...

My theory? Either they let this happen by looking the other way or the extremists have infiltrated a lot more of the intelligence community than they are willing to admit... But then there is always the "total incompetence" possibility. The CIA, FBI, DoD etc. don't really like to talk to eachother so this is not totaly impossible... Still pretty shocking though...

top topics

join