It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
What does the name "Kiwanis" mean?
The name "Kiwanis" was coined from an expression in an American Indian language of the Detroit area, Nunc Kee-wanis, which means, "we trade" or "we have a good time."
* To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
* To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
* To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
* To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
* To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
* To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.
Originally posted by In nothing we trust
This thread is just ment to re-direct attention off of the masons onto some other group. The Kiwanis are just a business networking group. On the surface one would think that the masons also were just a networking group.
Originally posted by Nygdan
If masons appear, on the surface, to be a networking group, and kiwanis appears, on the surface, to be a networking group, then how is a person supposed to tell the 'real' difference?