It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Request help for US LUH competition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
According to what I have known, there were four aviation multinational companies joining this competition. Bell 412ep, Mcdonnell 900, EADS EC-145, and Agusta Westland. I only don't know what's project Agusta Westland given?
Then who can tell me, why is EADS win the competition?

[edit on 8-9-2006 by emile]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile
According to what I have known, there were four aviation multinational companies joining this competition. Bell 412ep, Mcdonnell 900, EADS EC-145, and Agusta Westland. I only don't know what's project Agusta Westland given?

AW-139

Then who can tell me, why is EADS win the competition?

Eurocopter won, not EADS (which is the parent company). And they won because they had the best helicopter. The EC-145 stands in direct lineage of three of the most formidable helicopters ever built for its task: The Bo 105, the BKK117 and the EC-135.

One feature for example where it excels is its full "clamshell" rear-door configuration while still retaining top-notch maneuverability (One of the features it shares with the Bo 105 and the other two and that made them very sought-after for rescue operations).

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
In my view, the AW-139 looks more beautiful than other three. I like AW139, I'm sad

BTW, what does O.E.I. Max continuous power mean?

[edit on 9-9-2006 by emile]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile
In my view, the AW-139 looks more beautiful than other three. I like AW139, I'm sad

BTW, what does O.E.I. Max continuous power mean?

One Engine Inoperable.

In other words, flying on only one engline.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Who can help me to give EMPTY WEIGHT and ENGINE POWER details of Agusta A.109K, just K, not other.

[edit on 10-9-2006 by emile]

new topics

top topics

join