It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone should be locked up for this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Seriously after 911 we hailed these people as heroes and they were, but they were also obviously lied to by the government. How could they be getting sick from the dust if what the EPA administrator says is true? If this government official lied intentionally she and any other person involved needs to be tried for murder as some people have died due to these illnesses.

Also wasn't there proof already that the WTC were full of asbestos and that was a known fact long before the 911 and the WTC's came down? If anyone has a link to this please post I can't find it but clearly recall someone posting it on here as being a reason maybe they were chosen to be a target.

www.democracynow.org.../09/07/1350234
A major new study of 9/11 health effects finds that nearly seven out of every ten first responders at Ground Zero suffer from chronic lung ailments. For the past five years city, state and federal officials have downplayed the health dangers of the toxic dust that was released when the World Trade Center collapsed. We speak with co-author of the Mount Sinai study. [includes rush transcript]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On September 13th, 2001 - two days after the 9/11 attacks - EPA administrator Christine Todd Whitman made this announcement at Ground Zero:

Christine Todd Whitman, 9/13/01: "Everything we've tested for, which includes asbestos, lead, and volatile organic compounds, have been below any level of concern for the general public health."

[edit on 8-9-2006 by goose]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose

On September 13th, 2001 - two days after the 9/11 attacks - EPA administrator Christine Todd Whitman made this announcement at Ground Zero:

Christine Todd Whitman, 9/13/01: "Everything we've tested for, which includes asbestos, lead, and volatile organic compounds, have been below any level of concern for the general public health."

[edit on 8-9-2006 by goose]

Now that's very interesting, considering over a month later when people who worked at any of the surrounding buildings finally allowed to go in (that were fully damaged and covered by dust and debris) were issued top of the line respirator masks (for free) prior to being allowed into the buildings (or the area at all) to retrieve anything or assess damages. So who are we kidding here?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Along the same lines of not-telling-the-truth, and I'm sure it's covered somewhere, is the Anthrax Attacks.

The populatoin was intentionally lied to to maintain order, it wasn't even confirmed for several weeks. Then finally, we were told what to do: Wash your hands.

I find it amazing that people don't link these mysterious "white powders" that pop up on the news for all of 15 seconds to further attacks. I'd guesstimate at least 20% are in fact biological (Hell, I could whip up something with 1 year of Medical training), yet no one seems to hear or want to hear that they are an indication of further terroristic activity.

To the point of the post, I don't want to sound gruesome, but with such a tall building collapsing 7 stories into the ground there should not have been that many workers. There should have been a period where sounds were monitored for from a remote location in order to provide direct assistance. For there to have been so many ordered into the area to maintain appearances is not good discretionary thinking.

I remember hearing of complaints right away from some who were in the area for 12+ hours, 7 days/week. They said they gasped, and developed a "whooping cough" like syndrome within days (some within hours). This was a bad move by the local government, and yes I believe it was pretty much busy work so Wall Street would be able to comment that rescue efforts were under way.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I've made a post here earlier link to a report that states that NYC were warned about the air quality in the city was bad after the towers came down

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I believe the danger was associated with particulate matter (i.e., dust), which the body can flush so much of.
What was not discussed well was the sound insulation throughout the building. Not designed to be a widespread inhalant, in micro-form. By its nature, it is an absorbent, diffused material. Unsuitable for human intake.

[edit on 9/8/2006 by bothered]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
So what happens if they ever need to take down a big building...like the Empire State Building.
Do they evacuate the whole city? I mean seriously. Sometimes buildings have to go, it doesn't matter how big they are either. But what are they supposed to do. They would have to shutdown so much area to demolish a building that size. It jsut isn't realistic to even do. Let alone, lets consider the idea of two having to go.

Who is to blame? IDK. But when a building has to go, you gotta take it down.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Breathing in cement dust can cause silicosis.

www.nlm.nih.gov...

But with the (relatively) short amount of time these folks were exposed to cement dust (assuming they used the respirators they were given), it would most likely have to be acute silicosis or accelerated silicosis.

www.silicosis-injury-attorneys.com...

I would think that if the majority of workers wore the respirators given to them, they avoided this. The part that concerns me is that R states they didn't get them for over a month - is this correct?

I don't think we're talking about toxicity (i.e. poisons) near as much as we're talking about particulates that just flat clog up the lungs and cause respiratory failure. It would be unfortunate if the rescue workers weren't given proper PPE for over a month.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
So what happens if they ever need to take down a big building...like

they would probably be made to strip most of the asbestos and similar contaminants first before demolition?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I have a little bit to add to this due to this pre 9-11 study on depleted uranium.

"DU is also used as aircraft ballast".

This is taken from this site.
www.stopnato.org.uk...

Depleted uranium is used as an aircraft ballast, so could it not be possible that these aircraft made massive clouds of DU cover the area as they struck the buildings? Could it not be that there was aload of DU mixed in with all the dust?

Just an idea that struck me whilst reading the above posts about illnesses amongst the workers, because its alot like the soldiers who had to clear bodies from tanks / fighting vehicles during the first and second gulf wars.

The UK even issue its troops warning cards that state that the carrier has been or may have been exposed to DU.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I would think that if the majority of workers wore the respirators given to them, they avoided this. The part that concerns me is that R states they didn't get them for over a month - is this correct?

Val, I don't know if it took a whole month for rescue workers, but they certainly weren't available right off the bat (when things were at their worst) and many brave souls headed straight to ground zero to help.

The co-worker I know that was issued one wasn't permitted near the site till they were available and then only allowed into the building for a very short time. She was not a rescue worker, but a facilites project manager consultant.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hi Guys just a little thought.

There was a big fire and modern buildings are full of plastics and cilicates etc.

When we burn plastics and other less obviously hazardous materials ( wood ....LOL) we release PCBs and all sorts of other nasty noxious stuff as smoke, smoke is small bits of stuff ( vvvvvvv small dust) imagine the toxic cocktail all over that area hence the masks.

I assume the first responders would be firement ????? If so it is hardly a surprise they have lung disorders ( they put out fires for a living and run into burning buildings and other stuff so heroic as to be almost unbelievable)

Don't have any answers just thought to add a little twist into the story ..

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
One of the things that has become clear is that people were aware the WTC buildings were full of asbestos, that was a known fact by some people before the towers were struck and for this government official to say it was safe, is just so wrong. Did she get false reports and repeat them? Was this just a government blunder? But the question still remains how could they have gotten a report back that said the levels were safe?

From what I am reading the people who went there to help are going to be victims of this tragedy as well.

911research.wtc7.net...
A region of several square miles was blanketed by fine powder resulting from the explosive collapses of the Twin Towers. This powder, consisting of the pulverized remains of non-metallic components and contents of the Towers, contained significant percentages of asbestos. 1 Â An analysis of dust within three days of the attack found that some of the dust was four percent asbestos. 2 Â This asbestos release may be a public health time bomb, because thousands of people breathed dust from the collapses. It remains to be seen how many if them will become victims of the EPA's false assurances that the air was safe to breathe

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deharg
I assume the first responders would be firement ????? If so it is hardly a surprise they have lung disorders ( they put out fires for a living and run into burning buildings and other stuff so heroic as to be almost unbelievable)

Though one would think most emergency personnel are equipped with proper protection including breathing apparatus for just this reason. Which raises an interesting question, does it not?

However, there were a lot of people involved at ground zero besides emergency personnel in the first few days after it happened.

top topics

join