It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to sell my Glock?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Came across this the other day...

If this has been discussed I am sorry for posting crap.

www.glockfaq.com...

Scroll down until you see desert storm glock.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to sell the finest combat/USPSA hand gun in the world?

Are you wanting a Desert Storm Glock or are you upset over the names on the DSG?

Roper

I glock, there for I am.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Glock for sale $300 OR nearest offer thanks

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What is your point???
And Why does a Jihadest have a weapon manufactured by the infedels???

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If you actually read it you'll there were 15 special desert storm models with "new world order" engraved on the side. #1 was for George Bush.

I was wondering if anyone had run across that before. I was very surprized to see that.

I am a Glock owner and no I am not going to sell it, I was being very sarcastic.

No I am not a "Jihadist" either. Sarcastic name. That Glock was purchased in case a "jihadist" or another low life form tries to mess with me or my "god given" freedoms.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So what did you pay for yours when you got it, and when did you get it? You buy it new? what are they worth now?

That New World Order engraving is pretty interesting

I think they made 1000 of them, but the first 15 went to the president, vp, sec of defense, the jcs etc... then the next 35 had "wooden" display boxes, and the rest had the standard plastic one shown below

[edit on 8-9-2006 by warpboost]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
jihad213

jihad213, sell the glock and get SA XD9.

If you got some have extra cash, get a CZ52 and load your own super hot 7.62X25 rounds, you wont regret it.

34 layers like BUTTER.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Don't know about selling ones GLOCK, I could never do that to my 30 .45 cal, it would break my heart. Crazy just crazy, are you sure your feeling well? Seriously?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander
jihad213

If you got some have extra cash, get a CZ52 and load your own super hot 7.62X25 rounds, you wont regret it.

34 layers like BUTTER.

I will never sell my Glock. My dad has a SA XD9 and we went to the range. My Glock won.
My dad was pissed. Not bad just different.

I don't have a desert storm model, I originally posted this in the NWO since it's engraved on the side and bush senior is number one on the list. Nobody liked it there and moved it here.

My Glock has a 31 round magazine, SA XD9 has 16?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I will never sell my Glock.

Well, I don't get your topic though.

"Time to sell my Glock?"

See what I mean?

My dad has a SA XD9 and we went to the range. My Glock won.

Won how exactly?

Personally, I'm not a Glock fan. It is a better weapon for field use then 911 and M92, but I just hate how it cycles, the angle of the grip, how the spring does not lock the slide at 90, hot the slide does not lock for point defense use, that there is no safety, no loaded chamber indicator and no firing pin indicator, how top heavy Glock gets after expending half of the clip, and so forth.

XD9 has a twin tension spring along with dual guide rods so it distributes the recoil much better, and does not feel as top heavy as most polymer frames.

It is exactly why unlike Glock, XD9 does not chew its own case when fired from a loose grip or from high angel.

My Glock has a 31 round magazine, SA XD9 has 16?

Your dad should know this, but anyway, XD9 takes standard mags, and Beretta 30 rounder for example is one of the hi-caps it will take.

The only issue XD9s had, was a inconsistent trigger assembly on the earlier production models.

Originally the pistol was called HS2000, was made by a Croatian manufacturer and imported by IMI Metal. SA bough the rights, renamed it to XD, jacked up the price from the original $250 to over $400 and that's what we got.

Trigger pull on current XDs is crisper then on Glocks by the way.

Glock is a legend no doubt about that, but all good things come to an end, and with HS2000 it was Glocks time.

edit:spl

[edit on 9-9-2006 by iskander]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Actually there are three safeties built into the trigger mechanism, and considering one should NOT, have their finger in the guard until ready to fire...that should not be an excuse or reason. Come on now, after all the barrels or most of them any how, like my GLOCK 30s, are made by the same company that produces the 1911 barrels.

I've not noticed a top heavy feeling, and my mags are all 10 rnd double stacks. The slide lock works when the mag is empty, like most do. As for trigger crispness, that is personal preference. I thought I would want a lighter trigger pull, I was going to lower it from 5lbs to tourney weight but found that I like the GLOCK trigger pull.

As with every thing, personal pref.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Actually there are three safeties built into the trigger mechanism, and considering one should NOT, have their finger in the guard until ready to fire...that should not be an excuse or reason. Come on now, after all the barrels or most of them any how, like my GLOCK 30s, are made by the same company that produces the 1911 barrels.

I'm sure we all know that ADVISOR. Glock has the highest accidental discharge statistics among all other pistols. There is simply no way of knowing the status of the fire arm with out peeking the chamber.

I've not noticed a top heavy feeling, and my mags are all 10 rnd double stacks. The slide lock works when the mag is empty, like most do.

You're thinking of a slide catch. I was talking about a fact that Glocks quickly develop a tendency of not locking the slide when soft cycled above 45 degree angle.

Furthermore, XD9 has a slide lock feature which allows it to be used at point blank range. When most pistols with out such feature are pressed against the target, the slide opens slightly and disengages the firing pin.

As for trigger crispness, that is personal preference. I thought I would want a lighter trigger pull, I was going to lower it from 5lbs to tourney weight but found that I like the GLOCK trigger pull.

OK, by crisp I meant smooth. Trigger pull weight naturally varies by taste, but if the pull it self is not smooth (even) it negatively effects on shooters accuracy.

This is shooting 101 really, let's move on.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

This is shooting 101 really, let's move on.

I agree, and see what you were saying now. Of course but hey, next...

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My 35 locks back but when I slam a mag home it will engage. This helps me in competition.

The trigger is just a mind over matter thing, if you don't mind it doesn't matter.

As far as AD's your finger is the safety.

Roper

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Also I would like to add, that the GLOCK mag will stand up on it's own, given a leve surface for the most part, if it is full or empty and any combination of. I can put one round (230 grain full metals), in it or five and the mag by it's self is not unbalanced. So how could that effect the pistol over all?

That much about it being top heavy is bull, sorry but from my personal experience.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

My 35 locks back but when I slam a mag home it will engage. This helps me in competition.

Again, I was not talking about the slide catch or drop free mags.

Any slide catch can be filed down for a mag slam.

Also I would like to add, that the GLOCK mag will stand up on it's own, given a leve surface for the most part, if it is full or empty and any combination of. I can put one round (230 grain full metals), in it or five and the mag by it's self is not unbalanced. So how could that effect the pistol over all?

It has nothing to do with the mag. It has to do with a weight unbalance between alight polymer frame and heavy steel slide/barrel.

That much about it being top heavy is bull, sorry but from my personal experience.

ADVISOR, I hope you'll agree that some guns are marketing for pleasure and some for business.

When it comes to pleasure I enjoy a .45 just as the next guy, but when it comes to business it's an old dog and you can't teach it new tricks.

When a .45 is sent out to say hello to Kevlar, it just gives it a love tap and pancakes into a mushroom. Unlike with a 9mm, teflon wont do a damn thing, neither will any hardened tip configuration. Large diameter and subsonic speed is just not cutting it for modern needs.

When I say top heavy, I mean the snap recoil of hot mil spec rounds. Try double taping from G 20/29/32/etc or a hot 9mm, when your down 1/3 of the mag. Then try it not at a shooting range but in the field under duress.

Two things happen when firing hot rounds from polymer pistols with out good recoil management design. One, your aim will decrease in proportion to expenditure of rounds on double taps and rapid fire regardless of your skill level. Two, when firing one handed from unconventional positions, the ejection port will stove pipe the casing. I tried it, I know. Try a G18 with +P+ and you'll never do it again. +P is still very finicky and depends on the load choice. To function reliably you have feed it downloaded (standard) ammo.

One of the pistols which is worse then Glock in this respect is the Sig Pro because its high axis barrel position adds to the top heavy snap effect.

Still, naturally both are much better then M92 when it comes to functionality.

I have a Beretta and I named it the "Hoover". Not after J. Edgar, but when firing out from prone, it literally sucks in all kinds of dirt.

On top of that, since you have to lube it up like a french whore just to any kind of action out of it, all the dirt/grit mixes with the lube and turns into complete much which starts griding the slide rails and takes for EVER to clean out.

Needless to say to me it's a novelty item, and I will never rely on it as a weapon.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

ADVISOR, I hope you'll agree that some guns are marketing for pleasure and some for business.

Of course, but it might be the only thing we may agree on.
Sure a .45 may not penetrate a vest, but the guy in the vest is still going to hurt like a mofo, "love tap" or not. Also, center mass is not the only target option. As for the 270 grain mil rnds, yes the "snap" is greater than even the 230 grain federals I have.

Of course my bias is probably because of the model I have, the 30 is the best balanced of all GLOCKs in my opinion and many others as well. It may be not all GLOCKs are as well blanced, for example the long slide 17s I can see being a bit off. But over all, GLOCK is the best poli-pistol period.

That GLOCK 18C would be better, so yeah it would sort of suck huh shooting a full auto with mil rnds or P++, lol. But I would not complain, seriously your talking to a guy who thinks the 40mm 203 has nothing to it (dont have much recoil), and shoots a pistol gripped 12 gauge one handed. Recoil is not a thing I consider, but having been shooting since I was a kid helped loads I bet.

Again personal preference is the factor that will decide for each of us. That and spending as much time shooting as cost effective is a plus, one needs to develope the ability, it isn't just instant results. For example the guy here in Michigan who instructs the police in my local area, said they have gone through over 10,000 rounds with their GLOCKs this year alone and have not had any issue or complaints.

All in all though, I see what your saying and get the points made. But I doubt you or I will change our opinions, with further debate on the topic. lol

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
All I can say is that I like my Hi-Point better than any Glock.

Man, now I saw that i'm never going to buy a glock, I was actually thinking of buying a 10mm glock...oh well...

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

All in all though, I see what your saying and get the points made. But I doubt you or I will change our opinions, with further debate on the topic. lol

ADVISOR, it's always a pleasure to agree to disagree in a civilized manner!

Glock is an excellent mil weapon no doubt about that. The lack of bells and whistles is not its shortcoming, but a rational economical design.

As a mass produced military pistol it is to this day the best design, yet considering that its over 30 years old, and that civilian market allows for extra features, there are models out there which are simply better.

It's simply the nature of evolution.

That said, I'm looking forward to our future discussions ADVISOR, I'm sure they will be mutually enlightening!

Thanks for the WATS btw.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

jihad213

34 layers like BUTTER.

How does the 7.62 compre to other calibers? I have never heard of that caliber.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join