It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzling feature on Mars!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Now what do you think this could be? Without a doubt, the structure looks artificial.

puzzling feature on the surface of Mars that can be seen in Mariner 9 frame 4209-75 (pictured below). It is also located in the equatorial area (at longitude 186.4) and has been described as "unusual indentations with radial arms protruding from a central hub" caused (according to NASA scientists) by the melting and collapse of permafrost layers.

The design of the features, bringing to mind the structure of a modern airport with a circular hub from which the long structures housing the airplane gates radiate, can be better visualized when the photograph is reversed.

As usual, NASA has given a simple explanation for this 'structure'. Every oddity anywhere in the universe has the usual explanations - natural formations, permafrost, etc, etc. Can't these guys ever think out of the box?

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

[edit on 6-9-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
just wondering why the picture is so blurry, most of the pics i've seen on mars are usually a lot more clear and all. just my thoughts

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Probably blurring because the probe that took the photo was mving a high speeds.

Anyway it looks like a man riding a horse to me
But it also looks like some kind of building...

There are diffinate defind shadows and a hole in the center for the stucture.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
We'd have to know the scale also...the structure could be MILES long, which would certainly rule out your alien airport idea..

Wonder if it's maybe the rocky remains of a coral atoll, back when water flowed on Mars? It certainly seems like an ideal place for a probe to take some samples, at the very least....

new topics

top topics

join