It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical Question..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The time has come. The democrats have been proven to be the cause of most of the country's problems. There is no doubt, and 100% of the American public agree and are angry.

Now what? What would you say would be the first three (3) things that should be done?

What if it was the republicans who had been found to be the cause?

I am extremely interested in anyone's response.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
The time has come. The democrats have been proven to be the cause of most of the country's problems. There is no doubt, and 100% of the American public agree and are angry.

That's a pretty unrealistic hypothetical for either party, but the answer I'd propose is not any different from what I would say is true: that a great many of America's political problems are either caused or kept from sollution by the two major parties.

Break the partisan machine:

1. Assign committee seats on a rotating basis by state, district and seniority.

2. Take the ballot away from the parties: everyone with x amount of signitures goes into a single primary, and citizens don't just vote yes on one candidate, but give their order of preference (for example, if there are 5 candidates you can give 5 to your first choice, 4 to your second, 3 to your third, etc, or you could withhold some of your votes and just choose one or a few.)

3. Public campaign funds: Every candidate gets an equal warchest from the government and can't spend more than that.

In otherwords: protect the will of the voters from political organizations, and enable our officials to vote their conscience without having position within the party held over their head.

Oh... of course i forgot one more thing... NO ELECTRONIC VOTING!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I guess I assumed hypothetical included those of an unrealistic nature. Can't think of a better word, so I hope it will suffice.

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind humoring me by giving short answers to my questions?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Noone interested? Perhaps this thread worked, and the point was clear.

new topics

top topics

join