It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first report of a UFO ever documented.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What are the candidates for the first documented ufo sighting?

These are argueably the oldest documentation of evidence that supports the existance of ufos and their presence here on Earth.

When do you think the first report of a ufo was?

Source/Link:
www.uforth.com...

Created between 15,000 and 16,000 years ago:

Source/Link:
www.marsearthconnection.com...

Created around 29,000 years ago:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

These are argueably the oldest documentation of evidence that supports the existance of ufos and their presence here on Earth.

I wouldn't really call it evidence of ufos, No telling what those images mean....I can see it like, maybe they where drawing a party or something on the wall, depicting them throwing their native head gear into the air for some type of celebration.... I find it interesting though, even back then they had terrible pictures lol.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Thats really interesting. cool find. I saw a tv show about this and they found pictures like that in egyptian or mayan ruins, i cant remember. but it makes you think alot more about it, seeing that they were seeing the same strange things in the sky back then that we are now

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles

I wouldn't really call it evidence of ufos, No telling what those images mean....I can see it like, maybe they where drawing a party or something on the wall, depicting them throwing their native head gear into the air for some type of celebration.... I find it interesting though, even back then they had terrible pictures lol.

I agree with you but lets not forget back then the people drawing didn't have the luxury of a structured language and many man made objects to really/perhaps draw a comparision to - like we do

Some images in less ancient art & literature tend to depict "flying" objects much better than the above.

Cheers for the post

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Yeah some of the images i have seen from years ago are really interesting. But back in those days people were looking to the skies for a higher being or some explanation as to why they were there in the first place. Maybe they drew these images of vessels NOT because they saw them in the sky coming from space but perhaps they drew them illustrating a vessel that would take them to the gods that they wished they could build themselves.

These people had just as much imagination as we do now (If not more!). I DO think some of the illustrations are very intriguing though.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Ok, what did you do differently that allowed for the picture to be seen, rather than just the link?

I utilized the insert an image option, and the captions of (exept with brackets) show up the same as quoted text.

So how does one add the picture so it can be viewed as part of the post?

Thanks in advance,
John

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Interesting link.

Although I have no doubt that the pictures are real, I am not sure if we are looking at E.T.'s.

The objects could be anything as far as we're concerned.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Esoteric Teacher,

You need to first save an image and then Host it either on ATS Member Uploads in the Member Center ands use
or you can host an image from www.imageshack.com... or similar then you can use the tags and the image will be displayed on the thread.

New AboveTopSecret.com Image Hotlinking Policy

[edit on 6-9-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thanks Lost Shaman, i appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Esoteric Teacher, these are best image hosts I think... imageshack.us... or www.imagevenue.com... or photobucket.com...

there is a very, very very good reason for ATS to not host external images from unkown sites........

Here is something to think about, humans had to co-exist with all kinds of weird creatures in the past. For example, before man arrived in New Zealand 700 years ago, a creature called the Haast eagle was there and had a wingspan of about 10 ft. stood about 4 ft. tall. The youngest bones found of this creature may be only 500 years old, indicating humans co-existed with it. Now just think of all the other weird creatures that co-existed with humans 30,000 years ago!

I'm sure ancient humans would be drawing these creatures in their caves... 1000 of years later, humans may think they are E.T. right? It's possible......Until a team of hieroglyphic experts say other wise, 29,000 yr old cave paintings can be anything I want them to be. But it is possible they are UFO's as well

[edit on 7-9-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The problem with ancient art, is that you also have to understand the symbolism common in that culture, in order to rule out other meanings of apparent depictions of craft. It may mean something completely different....so hard to point to it and say, "that there is a UFO sighting".

I generally regard the 329 BC Alexander event as one of the first documented UFO encounters, as the account of the sighting makes it quite clear that the objects are flying, unidentified, and specific shaped (shield shaped, as I recall), with no explanation.

new topics

top topics

join