It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fall/Winter Weather 2006

page: 1

join
share:
DSO

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just thought i would start a thread so we can dicuss and share weather abnormalities for the fall/winter 2006. If you have some strange/freakish weather in your area, please post so we can compare and discuss what is happening. I know last winter was very abnormal for alberta, and i have a feeling its going to be the same this year too.

As i've said in another thread, i think mother nature is going to play a cruel joke on us this year, after which no one will be laughing.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well, we are approaching autumn, and its still very mild weather here. Nice, calm, and sunny. No worries here.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Everything is fine here also. Very normal temperatures and sunny. BTW, not a very brilliant sun. Something is wrong with the sun i think.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
BTW, not a very brilliant sun. Something is wrong with the sun i think.

I'm glad i'm not the only one that has noticed that. Even on cloudless, clear, sunny days there seems to be a blanket in the air, It's not really smog or fog, just not the sun I seem to remember. Hard to explain really.

DSO

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i totally agree. It seems that its alot dimmer despite the normal change in intesity from season to season. I know for a fact that here in Alberta that the sun is dimmer due to the smoke from forest fires buring in BC.

Another oddity i've come across is that the leaves are turning colours rapidly in the city, but they're staying green outside the city.
same moisture, same trees ,same weather. It could be due to our recent dry spell??? (the river running through town is about 1-2 feet below normal.)

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Everything is fine here also. Very normal temperatures and sunny. BTW, not a very brilliant sun. Something is wrong with the sun i think.

i honestly believe it is caused by air traffic, or as some people believe `chemtrails`

even if it is normal air traffic, recently contrails have been spreading out to form a haze that seems to block the sun slightly.

def something to look into ...

snoopy uk

DSO

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We went from +30C on monday to 4C today, and its supposed to snow tonight. Can't get more typical fall weather then this here in calgary.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The weather here in South Florida has been changing over the years. It used to be that it would rain heavily for about 15 minutes in the mid-afternoon but otherwise hot and sunny. You could practically set your watch by the afternoon rain storms. It's not so predictable anymore. Sometimes now it will rain all day, which is really strange for Florida. I find that people talk about the weather changes a lot here.

So far, this hurricane season has spared us, but we still have a few months to go. Last year, the hurricanes persisted thru December and January, and the storm names had to be obtained from the Greek alphabet!

DSO

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
And we have snow. Thats right, here in calgary we got about a 1cm of snow overnight whcih accumulated on roof tops. west of the city in the mountains more then 25 cm fell over the past few days. We are expecting more snow this evening and overnight. Man, you gotta love calgary weather, +30 and sunny at the beginning of the weeks, -1 and snow on 5 days later.

top topics

join