It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dump Rumsfeld? Yes or No

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Remember Re-pugs are never accountable, and Snowjob lied.

thinkprogress.org...

This afternoon, Tony Snow went on CNN to defend the administration’s “stay the course” strategy in Iraq. The discussion veered into the subject of former Army Chief of Staff Eric Shinseki’s pre-war prediction that “several hundred thousand soldiers” would be needed to maintain control over post-war Iraq. Snow falsely claimed that Shinseki was only referring to the number of troops needed to “go in and take Baghdad.” Snow concluded the segment by stating, “I’m not going to hold Donald Rumsfeld accountable.” Watch it.
Snip
SHINSEKI: I would say that what’s been mobilized to this point, something on the order of several hundred thousand soldiers, are probably, you know, a figure that would be required.We’re talking about post-hostilities control over a piece of geography that’s fairly significant with the kinds of ethnic tensions that could lead to other problems. And so, it takes significant ground force presence to maintain safe and secure environment to ensure that the people are fed, that water is distributed, all the normal responsibilities that go along with administering a situation like this. [Senate Armed Services Committee, 2/25/03]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Remember Re-pugs are never accountable ......

And democrats are?
The Clintons are up to their eyeballs in 'it' and yet continue to skate through ..

Hey .. here's a murder and Gary Condit and his wife were never held accountable -
www.geocities.com...

[edit on 9/6/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
And democrats are?
The Clintons are up to their eyeballs in 'it' and yet continue to skate through ..
[edit on 9/6/2006 by FlyersFan]

Oh there just as bad, the flipside to a dirty penny.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yes. Not because of war decisions though, those are some of toughest decisions anyone has to make especially when you don't have the benefit of hindsight. My concern is more with his view of how the military should be structured. I'm not a fan of this, lighter, faster, smaller concept, not in time with emerging strategic threats such as China and Russia (they never really went away to begin with). I'm all for net-centric warfare but that just can't entirely substitute raw numbers and boots on the ground. His transformation plan is ok to a certain level but it should not be the future direction for the US military.

So yes, he should resign and If I had my way I'd replace him with an "old school" general but unfortunately the Sec Def must be a civilian.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
YES!!

I took the liberty of adding several quotes by the SECDEF that clearly show he is not only out of touch with the miltary aspect of the war but is also not willing to follow his own advice :

"I can't tell you if the use of force in Iraq today will last five days, five weeks or five months, but it won't last any longer than that."

"Imagine, a September 11 with weapons of mass destruction. It's not 3,000. It's tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children."

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time."

"Be able to resign. It will improve your value to the President and do wonders for your performance."

"Don't do or say things you would not like to see on the front page of The Washington Post."

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
www.brainyquote.com...

"There's another way to phrase that and that is that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. It is basically saying the same thing in a different way. Simply because you do not have evidence that something does exist does not mean that you have evidence that it doesn't exist."

"We do know of certain knowledge that he [Osama Bin Laden] is either in Afghanistan, or in some other country, or dead."
politicalhumor.about.com...

His time to leave has long since passed; If he won't resign he should be asked to step down.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
IMO he should not only get fired... but also arrested, tried, and convicted of treason. Then thrown into Fed supermax facility for the rest of his criminal life.

And, take the rest of the cabal with him... Traitors to our beloved Constitution and our great nation.

alittle strong maybe but thats what I feel. I have no tolorance for those that usurp our greatest treasure and life blood of this country for their own gain. Rumfeld definately falls into this catagory..."let justice be done, though thy heavens fall"

thank you for your time,
TONE23

[edit on 9/5/2006 by TONE23]

I totally agree, the sooner that rat-pak is gone and jailed for their criminal behavior the sooner America can again breathe a sigh of relief and start picking up the tattered pieces of whats left of our great nation to begin rebuilding what the terrorist-Bush&Co has all but destroyed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join