It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran and the Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I see on the news the propaganda is stirring once again to attack another country. Let's examine the facts:

The Iranian president wants all Jews to be killed, when in reality he says he wants Zionists to be killed. There is a difference.

What is Zionism? A political ideology that was mostly founded in the early 20th century by people who wanted a pure Jewish state. Before World War 2 Palestinians and Jews lived in a land called Palestine. It was vastly different from how it was today, as they lived in peace. After World War 2, Britain, which owned Palestine, basically separated Palestine into 1)A Jewish State-Israel, 2)A Palestinian State-Palestine. This was voted in by the UN. Zionists committed terrorist acts against the Birtish to pressure the government to make a Jewish state.

In the 1940's Arab countries attacked Israel as they did not want a Jewish state there, and Israel won. It [Israel] took most of Palestine (and some Arab countries took some of Palestine as well). Israel mistreated the Palestinians in which thousands now have no home and live in refugee camps and are segregated much like South Africa was.

Now...the Iranian president calls for the end to Zionism. Iran has the largest Jewish population in the Middle East minus Israel. Iran has some Jewish members in its Parliament. If they were going to kill all Jews, they should start in their own country, makes sense...

Iran wants to nuke Israel and the US

He never said this. Besides, Israel has many nukes and is not a signer of the non-proliferation treaty, and many of their nukes are aimed at Arab countries without nukes.

He wants to nuke the US...that is nuts. The US has nuclear submarines all around the world and hundreds of ready to go nukes aimed at every country ranging from England to Israel to China to Russia. Literally, the US could destroy the world in hours. Now why would Iran nuke the US? When did he hint this?

Why would he nuke Israel when Palestinians and Jerusalem is there? He would be hated by all Muslims. They wouldn't be cheering.

Why is there terrorism against the West?

Before the US had interests in the Middle East, there were not terrorism against it.

The US and Britain both supported the Shah of Iran, who was a dictator worse than Saddam was. He was complacent with their interests, and the US even gave Iran enriched uranium, which was used by this regime ironically. www.sun-sentinel.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Interesting, I thought no other religion but muslin was allowed in Iran.

I agree that Iran has never said they wanted to Nuke Israel and US, but is has been played like propaganda that their intentions is to do just that.

It makes no sense for a country like Iran that has one of the last vast resources of oil still in the Middle East that is not in the hands of US to lose everything with an attack on Israel that Iran could never win.

Makes no sense at all, it will have the US up to the Iranian leaders butt at the first attempt to an unprovoked attack on Israel.

Its common sense what it takes to understand this?

I agree that before the oil needs was not problem with the Middle East and countries didn’t gave a darn about the area.

But many people suffer from short term affliction and they have been blinded to the basic knowledge of how the Middle East has become a battle field and the war on terror.

The Middle East is so unorganized when it comes to its people that are not wonder a target to bigger and more weapon ready nations.

They will never be able to united to protect their land because so much tribal rivalry, so what is bad for one group is good for the other one and welcome.

But the thing that can never be stop is the extremist groups that will always fight for what their consider an invasion of the west.

Now the Bush administration is officially making the war on terror Global in a last step to include China and Russia and any other country that disagree with US trying to control Iran with sanctions.

You are very right Terrorism will never stop in the middle east as long as the present foreign policies of our country means attacking regimes that they don’t like.

Take away the need for oil and dependency and the conflicts and war on terror in the Middle East will become just random like it was before the needs of the west in that land.

US is allowing Pakistan, India and Israel to have nuclear weapons because they are not countries that have oil reserves.

Plain and simple.

Funny but the two countries in the Middle East that happen to fall on the bad side of the present administration happen to have oil, Iraq and Iran.

Coincidence? Or interest.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Marg I always enjoy reading your posts. Thankfully there are some people who can see through the propaganda in the US. People scoff at the propaganda being fed to Germans and Japanese by the Nazis, etc. Yet they cannot even see through the propaganda right in front of them.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You have voted RetinoidReceptor for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

well said

great read and well put

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
good points and i agree on them all.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Very interesting!
RetinoidReceptor located in US.?
Maybe translation is wrong, even in China, we all know Iran president want to destroy Isael ( of course, he won't say nuke Isael because that will prove Iran has already has nuke ) He said this certainly! You'd better know what's relationship between Iran and China.
I tell you what did Iran president say, He said 以色列应该被从地图上抹掉 which means Israel should be erased from map. In our China, censorship is serious, news from foreign country must be checked again and again, if it is translation of news, which must be translated again from original source. So even Chinese say those you renunciatory has be said out of Iran but only you deny it. This is not a correct attitude to talk about truth. The position also is wrong!

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Great post Retinoid!

For those interested in reading more, I've made another post in the War on Terror section on it.

We Don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Iran and the"Truth"Yes the big bully U.S.picking on poor,innocent iran for no reason.EXCEPT:Iran HAS repeatedly stated it wants israel wiped out(not just zionists).Iran has lied about its nuclear program for 20yrs then blocks u.n.inspectors?Supports terrorists hizbellah in effect fighting a war by proxy with israel.Peaceful intentions?Like attacking a romanian oil rig over a buisness dispute?OMG..

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
Maybe translation is wrong, even in China, we all know Iran president want to destroy Isael .... I tell you what did Iran president say, He said 以色列应该被从地图上抹掉 which means Israel should be erased from map

Oh dear. That mistranslation by an Israeli pressure group called MEMRI has really caused a lot of problems. It really is the Lie Heard Round The World, isn't it?

This and many other points have been dealt with on this thread in which I asked for real evidence from unbiased sources to demoonstrate that Iran was a threat to the US.

No-one was able to come up with anything that stood up to critical scrutiny.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
Iran and the"Truth"Yes the big bully U.S.picking on poor,innocent iran for no reason.EXCEPT:Iran HAS repeatedly stated it wants israel wiped out(not just zionists).Iran has lied about its nuclear program for 20yrs then blocks u.n.inspectors?Supports terrorists hizbellah in effect fighting a war by proxy with israel.Peaceful intentions?Like attacking a romanian oil rig over a buisness dispute?OMG..

Since you don't take really the time to study the subject I'll quote a part of my post in the War on Terror section:

Blair on Iraq: ‘’Saddam's weapons of mass destruction (WMD) are ready for use within 45 minutes’’

Bush on Iraq: ‘’The danger to our country is great, the danger to our country is growing, the Iraqi regime possesses chemical and biological weapons.’’

Rumsfeld prior to operation Iraqi Freedom ‘’There’s no doubt in my mind, but that they currently have chemical and biological weapons.’’

Bush: "I would remind you that when the inspectors first went into Iraq and were denied -- finally denied access, a report came out of the Atomic -- the IAEA [International Atomic Energy Agency], that they were six months away from developing a [nuclear] weapon. I don't know what more evidence we need."

No such a report claiming that the Iraqi regime was only six months away from developing a nuclear weapon had ever been released.

Bush on Iran: ''We cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun, it could come in the form of a mushroom cloud''

Rice: ''We don’t want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud''

See the similarities?

Now, tell me, did we find any Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iran?

Hezbollah has been supplied by Iran, so? The US cooperates with terrorists, ironic huh? cooperating with terrorists and fighting them simultaniously.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join