It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

91% of terrorism charges dropped since 911

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Astounding success!
Considering that the feds have gotten so much more power and funding since 911, I would say that a greater than 90% failure rate is due to our lack of support for illegal wiretaps and incarcerations.
I think that if we could only provide ten times the funding (and shut up all you silly liberals) then we could see better prosocution rates.
After all, it takes rescources to win this thing, and lack of resources means lack of results.... and lack of results translates to failure.
We just need more cases like this.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I dissagree with you here, simply because it seems to dawn on no one that the 90% failure rate(as it is called here anyhow) is due to the fact that in our legal system of due process those being tried are being given fair trials. If there is evidence collected on the individuals being tried there is also the possiblity that the evidence was mishandled, unprocessed, or deemied inadmiciple. This happens very often in cases handled by almost all law enforcement agencies in the US. There are even cases of evidence being faked by forensic investigators(Fred Zane and Joyce Gilchrist) and entire crime labs(see the Houston PD Crime Lab incidents). There are so many possiblities why a whopping majority of these cases couldnt be prosecuted or were dismissed. Its not due to any of you being against wiretapping be it illegal or not, its simply what happens in a due process court system, people are given a fair trial. (though there have been an instance I can recall recently where I personally wouldnt call the trail fair, and that is the Darle Routier case, look it up and read about how the trial ended)

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Personally, to shift the reasoning a little, I'd like to hear a little more about the ones that are found guilty. This means they are finding active terrorists on US soil, with obvious intent to cause harm (I'll assume for the sake of generality I could easily be a victim).

It only took what, 19 or so to cause 9/11? Does anyone have any links to the ones they've found guilty of Conspiring to Commit a Terrorist Act or whatever it may be called?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Hmmm.....Morrocco? You could referesh my memory there. When was the last terror attack there?

news.bbc.co.uk...

At least 41 people have been killed and about 100 injured in suicide bomb attacks in Morocco's largest city, Casablanca, local officials say.

The attacks on Friday night targeted a Jewish community centre, a Spanish restaurant and social club, a hotel and the Belgian consulate.

Five explosions occurred within 30 minutes of each other. A Moroccan Government official said all the blasts were triggered by suicide bombers carrying explosives.

Officials said the victims were mainly Moroccans.

At least six Europeans - two Spaniards, two Italians and two French - were also killed, a senior hospital official said.

Witnesses spoke of the attackers having grenades and other explosives tied to their belts.

The explosions came amid worldwide terror alerts and just four days after a co-ordinated series of bombings in the Saudi Arabian capital, Riyadh, killed 34 people.

Mr Sahel said there were similarities between the bombings in Casablanca and Riyadh.

The BBC's security correspondent Frank Gardner says there are indications that the Casablanca blasts were al-Qaeda inspired - and were probably the work of a "North African cell linked to al-Qaeda".

There ya go, hope it helps refresh your memory. Morocco is a U.S. ally, however it does not support the U.S. invasion of Iraq. Still they are targeted no matter what.

<< 1   >>

join