It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Order of Owls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I have been trying to collect research on the Order of Owls but have been coming up short. I was able to come up with the website:
www.orderofowls.us...

They use the same logo but are they still an affiliate of Freemasonry?

I was curious of a sideorder that would allow free talk. Is there such a one?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonite
They use the same logo but are they still an affiliate of Freemasonry?

No. They are now independant, and would appear to be a more social and jovial institution, like the Elks.

I was curious of a sideorder that would allow free talk. Is there such a one?

Not quite sure what you mean by that. I'd be happy to help, if you wouldn't mind explaining...

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I thought this Order was extinct?...

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
it seems alive to me.. you can find there signs of the owl if you just pay a little attention to it..

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The Independent International Order of Owls was founded in 1890 in St. Louis, Missouri by a group of Masons to "promote recreation and sociability among the members" Only Master Masons were eligible to join. That order is defunct.

The Order of Owls (OOO) was founded in South Bend, Indiana in Nov. 1904 by John W. Talbot and a small group of his friends. It was organized for purposes of fellowship and to provide for widows and orphans of the Order (a pretty common thread amongst fraternal societies). It has four "degrees"

According to Alvin Schmidt's book "Fraternal Organizations" this order had NO connection whatsoever to the Independent International Order of Owls.

join