It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Contact A warning to the human race i want opinoins on our future

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ok, ive felt this way for along time and it really upsets me, every time i see a movie that we meet aliens or et's its always a bad rap or were about to be wiped out, that brings me to my point, we as a people dont deserve to be givin that privalage, we destroy our planet, kill each other and harnessed the power of the atom i bet the aliens that are here think we are a threat but do you think that they see the better side of us, we are basically a parasite to this world, what heppens in the future, i bet we get sent a warning i bet thats what it would take bring is to the brink of oblivion keep us scared out of our minds and then stop the warning i feel that the days of ol are all about to change

[edit on 3-9-2006 by semperfi221]

[edit on 3-9-2006 by semperfi221]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I want everyone's opinion on how they think the future is going to pan out for the human race.

mod edit to remove ALL CAPS, a.k.a. shouting

[edit on 4-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I believe that no civilisation could become a dominant power on its planet, alien or otherwise without exploiting their planets natural resources. As we become more advanced we find ways around this and hopefully become completely renewable and sustained. Unfortunately we are in a stage of our development where we cannot survive without exploiting the earth. I would like to think that alien intelligences would understand this and perhaps even help us to develop further. Thats why we must be more tolerant of pollution in underdeveloped countries, to allow them to develop their own industry and develop, whilst creating more stringent standards for developed countries that are able to work around them.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfi221
... we as a people dont deserve to be givin that privalage, we destroy our planet, kill each other and harnessed the power of the atom i bet the aliens that are here think we are a threat

I'd be guessing, but I imagine those aliens had a past too...maybe a few hundred thousand years later, they grew out of it and became peace-loving members of the Galactic Federation, but somewhere in their ancient fleets of spaceships, there are closets full of old skeletons. They likely see us as squabbling children not quite ready for adulthood.

...but do you think that they see the better side of us (?)

They more than likely notice the way we are able to cooperate on things such as medicines, science, literature, communications, etc. Also, they would see the partying, the music, the good beer...sure, we do have a good side. They have to love our comedies like Mars Attacks...it's just too right for alien's sense of humor.

we a basically a parasite to this world

All of life takes what it needs from the environment...whales eat krill and squid, plants live off of decaying fallen trees, insects eat insects. It's true that I think we're overdoing it, ATM, but there's still hope in me that we'll figure it out in time.

i bet we get sent a warning i bet thats what it would take bring is to the brink of oblivion keep us scared out of our minds and then stop the warning i feel that the days of ol are all about to change

I bet we do too...and those warnings are already being heard by those that are willing to listen.
~~~~~
fixed quote

[edit on 3-9-2006 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think the Human race will repeat the same cycle that it has been repeating.

Humans have been around for hundreds of thousands of years, and all of a sudden we get these technological advances in just a few years?

Humans have existed at our current level of civilization before, on this planet. The planet's poles shift, or theres a major catastrophe (super volcano or a comet impact), something always happens to destroy the civilization. Sometimes the civilizations destroy their own world with weapons, which is what we could easily do.

Whether we do or not, I think the hand on the clock is about to get put back to ancient times in terms of day to day survival and living after some major disasters sometime in the next .. 60 years? is that a big enough window?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Its a nice idea but I dont think advanced civilisations could have existed on this planet before without leaving some evidence.

I believe that evidence shows homosapiens have existed for around 150 thousand years. I also believe that technology develops due to neccessity, resources and population, and occurs at an exponential rate.

For thousands of years we would have lived in isolated communities, meeting outside communities rarely, perhaps living in small nomadic groups. Simple technologies such as fire and basic hunting weapons would have been sufficient for this.

It would not have been until large communities accumulated, developing more complex languages, educational oportunities and better resources at their disposal that technology would have slowly developed, followed by a neccesity for invention to support such large communities.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
MY humble opinion is that YOU need to stop worrying so much, and run 'spell-check' HALF as often as you worry.

Call me crazy?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
We can change... we just have to believe that the future will be good. The first extra-terrestrial contact will most likely happen soon. They are watching us. They do care about us. They would never let us destroy ourselves... they understand too much about existence and the cosmos to let such a thing occur under their watch.
Peace and love.

[edit on 3-9-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
environmental disasters ( from our perspective) occur on this planet regularly.
It is how nature works, its a violent system with stars colloding, matter smashing into itself to create new types of materials....comets and asteroids wirping out life so its starts again...its just the way things work.

humanity has come so far in the last few thousand years because there has been no disaster to hold progress in check. that will end one day, and we go back to daily struggle for life...who knows

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I believe any race planning to kill humanity needs to be massacred immediately and in the most gruesome ways possible to make an example for other would-be invaders. I also believe this thread is lock-worthy

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The fate of mankind is up to him. Man is a selfish, fearing and manipulative creature. Until a widespread revolution in consciousness occurs where he learns to overcome those baser instincts that continually dominate him and torments his brothers, it will matter little whether extra terrestrial intelligence arrives as destroyers, messengers or saviors.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
When the aliens started communicating with me and showed me that their dimensions are right next to ours I was blown away. I was stunned to find how close they truly are to our world.

They are right here with us watching everything we do and they subtly exert their control to steer the direction our world with its individuals takes.

They have devices beaming energy waves onto our societies to control our collective mind.

They told me this is their school and they make it a tough place because we learn faster under pressure.

They kept taking another body out of my human body and it was the real me and it was an alien.

They're carefully controlling this world and keeping it on the edge of oblivion so that we live on the edge of life and death throughout our lives.

The aliens have so much hardware and workers invested into our world that there is no way they will let it be totally destroyed.

They have many parallel worlds too and one of them is an identical earth where everything is perfect. I've been there numerous times.

So don't worry that the aliens are going to take over or anything. They have always been here and like this world the way it is. They actually act frightening and do some frightening things to create a bad image of themselves so people will stay away from them.

They tell me the future every day. They know everything and are very benevolent, however they can't interfere too much in our world affairs without disturbing things. They appear at key times and plant certain concepts to guide us. Like in this technological age they appear as gray survivors of a planetary meltdown who need to mate or create new life. That is just their way of telling us that there is always hope of surviving a planetary meltdown and they have many of our own kind who will survive with them. It instills hope in a hopeless situation, without actually throwing us a rope.

So I know that they are really the good guys and will not harm our world as many people claim they will.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm sorry probedbygreys, your aliens are lying to you. The aliens that communicate with me have no interest in beaming energy waves onto our societies to steer the direction of the world or alter our collective mind.

They tell me they are here to harvest our thymus glands, and the left over carcasses will be sold to another race for pet food. When they first arrived in the 40's, the Earth's atmosphere was far too oxygen rich for their crews to work in, so they seeded a little technology through 'accidental' crashes and let us go on our merry way of burning up all the planet's fossil fuels to feed our increased power demands.

Right now they're building a huge fleet of processing ships that should be ready to go when the CO2 levels are high enough to make breathing comfortable for them. In the meantime, game wardens check up on us every few months and take body fat measurements, blood samples, test for diseases, tag and release.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
True.
We surely need something to change, of course.
It's sad, I oftenly go to my city's downtown, in fact it's not a very large city but not too small either.
I see in people's face, the dispair and anger of working too hard to get absolutely nothing. It's not like the old days, when everybody used to care more about each other.

It's strange, you know.
People care much more about themselves, about their profits, their life style, their status.
Work the entire week thinking about the weekend. When it arrives, they just go to a bar, drink a lot or go chasing girls / guys to have a good night(s) of sex.
And suddenly, the week start again!

Oh yeah, it's fun, trully. But soon or later they see how stupid they were.
We need to change, our system needs to.

[edit on 4/9/2006 by tunin]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfi221
Ok, ive felt this way for along time and it really upsets me, every time i see a movie that we meet aliens or et's its always a bad rap or were about to be wiped out,

And what of the script writers for the above stated movies? Their basis for reference when writing such a script is not from a viewpoint of celestrial visitors with a very long history. Their basis for reference is all they know about their own race, and their own history, mixed in with imagination. But, the precept for such visiting E.T.s begins with what they know of humanity, and humanity has a 7,000+ year written/recorded history, devoid of 7 consecutive days without war, killing, and destruction.

that brings me to my point, we as a people dont deserve to be givin that privalage, we destroy our planet, kill each other and harnessed the power of the atom i bet the aliens that are here think we are a threat but do you think that they see the better side of us,

I think they would know ourselves better than us, and also see a far better side of us that we refuse to see ourselves. Not only do i think they see the better side of us, i think they are immensley curious as to it's origins, and i believe the better side of us that they are aware of, we are not.

we are basically a parasite to this world, what heppens in the future, i bet we get sent a warning i bet thats what it would take bring is to the brink of oblivion keep us scared out of our minds and then stop the warning i feel that the days of ol are all about to change

About the warning, i think we have already recieved it, but also it was less a warning, and more a guidline for success, success in regards to what it is we seek.

About the "keep us scared out of our minds", i think fear is what keeps us from consciously being aware of what is transpiring in our minds, it conceals over 99% of our subconscious thoughts from our conscious minds.

There is my $.02

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
I'm sorry probedbygreys, your aliens are lying to you. The aliens that communicate with me have no interest in beaming energy waves onto our societies to steer the direction of the world or alter our collective mind.

Can you please start a thread to tell us details about your encounters? How they are? From where they come from? Thanks in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mod Edit - trimmed quote

[edit on 4-9-2006 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
When the aliens started communicating with me and showed me that their dimensions are right next to ours I was blown away. I was stunned to find how close they truly are to our world.

Same as before... Can you please start a thread to tell us details about your encounters? How they are? From where they come from? Thanks in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~
Mod Edit - trimmed quote

[edit on 4-9-2006 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thanks for your replys please keep them coming

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The future is in our hands(the people)as to how it will pan out. There are many paths we may or may not choose to take.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I agree Deny ignorance

top topics

<<   2 >>

join