It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who agrees with Iran?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2Oh yes, in your opinion our ''friends'' are allowed to enrich uranium while those we consider to be bad, aren't. Logic explanation, but fair no, not according democratic principles.

Unfortunately, there will be some hypocritical situations, sure, but I stand by what I said. You have to draw the line somewhere.

However, I'd like to think that soon there will be a shake up of how the UNSC works and that ANY country won't be allowed to get away with it from now on. Probably just a dream a tho...

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by Mdv2Oh yes, in your opinion our ''friends'' are allowed to enrich uranium while those we consider to be bad, aren't. Logic explanation, but fair no, not according democratic principles.

Unfortunately, there will be some hypocritical situations, sure, but I stand by what I said. You have to draw the line somewhere.

However, I'd like to think that soon there will be a shake up of how the UNSC works and that ANY country won't be allowed to get away with it from now on. Probably just a dream a tho...

look there is no god damn way the world would be fair, unless every damn coutnry in the world is equal in the eyes of international law, and that is not the case when 5 coutnries hold the power to cancel any proposed new resolution, law etc. the UN was designed to give control of the world to the 5 permanent members, US, UK, France, Russia, and China. winners of WWII. unless veto rigths are abolished, we would not have a fair world, the abolishment of VETO rights are the first stop into a fair world...

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by INc2006
...the UN was designed to give control of the world to the 5 permanent members, US, UK, France, Russia, and China. winners of WWII.

This, I am not concurring nor agreeing with.
The UN was created to help bring and provide world/international stability, something which had been missing previously with the League of Nations and its precarnation: the Concert of Europe.

....unless veto rigths are abolished, we would not have a fair world, the abolishment of VETO rights are the first stop into a fair world...

You may be onto something here.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by INc2006
...the UN was designed to give control of the world to the 5 permanent members, US, UK, France, Russia, and China. winners of WWII.

This, I am not concurring nor agreeing with.
The UN was created to help bring and provide world/international stability, something which had been missing previously with the League of Nations and its precarnation: the Concert of Europe.

....unless veto rigths are abolished, we would not have a fair world, the abolishment of VETO rights are the first stop into a fair world...

You may be onto something here.

well probably, but still the UN does keep control of the world in the hands of 5 major powers.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join