It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for Atlantis. . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Quote: The team, with the backing of UNESCO, are to search the sites that have been identified as Atlantis in an expedition in the summer of 2004. They will launch a 15 day expedition out of Toulon. The expedition has the potential to shatter our beliefs as to the development of civilisation, as well as impacting our own future.

I heard about this and found it really exciting. This looks like the best chance that has ever been of actually finding Atlantis, or lost areas like it. They are following Platos descriptions of where Atlantis is supposed to be. Sounds very promising. . .

click here for the link to the website.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hey great find, I'll be sure to watch that website, would be intresting to see what they find, if anything.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Not that I'm trying to disprove it (I actually believe there was an Atlantis) but I read this article in one of the tabloids at the supermarket. No joke. Had the same exact picture as well. Evne had a picture of ocean depth and how the beahc of "atlantis" is still visible. (By looking at the subtle discoloration in the ocean in that area)

Interesting read though. Who knows, might hold some merit.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by Kai-Raega]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   
They had the exact same picture? How odd. I Think that these people are going the right way about it. Sombody needs to prove/disprove the existence of Atlantis once and for all.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it was last week's sun. The funny thing is, sometimes their articles have merit. I have seen things in their paper weeks before seeing them in more *respectable* news channels.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I have to say that the day I read something with even the slightist bit of merit in the sun I will.....eat my shoes? I guess they man have some good stories but it's just this evil, horrible publication that can be read by 7 year olds quite easily, no joke. Enough of this jibbering rant.

I think these submarines are great. Looking for Atlantis will be alot easier than looking for the Titanic was. The Titanic is around 1500ft down. They are only looking at around 150 meters for this. Plus they have extensive maps, unlike deep under the water. I just wonder what else they might find in that area other than Atlantis. There are something like half a dozen sunken islands in that area.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I've already told you where it is...just that there isn't much to see there anymore....(Altiplano, Brazil....South America)....

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It's a hoax, guys... or an outright lie to get money from people.

UNESCO isn't funding any search for Atlantis. You can verify this for yourself by going to their site:
www.unesco.org...

Yes, they do have a document about "WORLD HERITAGE CONVENTION TENTATIVE LIST FOR REPUBLIC OF ATLANTIS " but if you read the document, you see it's a sample filled-out form to show nations how to apply for funding for a restoration project based on cultural importance. It's quite obviously fiction.

They do have a ship called Atlantis that's mentioned frequently but it's not looking for the lost city of Atlantis.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by Byrd]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I really don't think it's a hoax. I saw an interview with two people from the team on the news today. If it is a hoax then it's a pretty elaborate one with no clear benifits to anyone really...?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
they found atlantis found real artifacts does it really matter whether UNESCO looking at it or not!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon
they found atlantis found real artifacts does it really matter whether UNESCO looking at it or not!!!!!!!!!!!

They havn't found anything yet dude,but you are right. regardless of who is sponsering it and who isn't (as long as it's not some ellaborate NWo government it's still a great investigation into one of the worlds great mysteries.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm sure the interviewers were real, and I know there's several "let's find Atlantis" expeditions. But the fact that they claim it's UNESCO funded when UNESCO doesn't seem to have anything to do with it is extremely suspicious.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Do you have any proof eaither way though? I might look into it. UNESCO do fund these sorts of things though i think.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hmm. I may have to eat a shoe or two, here. I do NOT see anything in the news about UNESCO, and it certainly doesn't look like a UNESCO funded project -- but folks have gotten money for odder research projects from various places.

Jacques Collina-Girard is an academician, and that his Atlantis theory is certainly of interest in some of the scholarly communities. I'd tend to disagree with him that there were folktales of Atlantis that Plato heard -- but I can be proven quite wrong. I do think that if there's something there, it's not an "advanced civilization" but only a civilization that is on par with the others of 11,000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Has anybody read "The Flower Of Life" By Drunvalo Melchizedek. Well in this book I read that Atlantis use to exist around Birmini Island. When Atlantis existed the whole east coast of the U.S did not exist. On the map the island lied between the U.S and Europe. I definitely recommend for people to read "The Flower of Life" because it will answer many question. The really is an eye opener.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetlegend
Has anybody read "The Flower Of Life" By Drunvalo Melchizedek. Well in this book I read that Atlantis use to exist around Birmini Island. When Atlantis existed the whole east coast of the U.S did not exist. On the map the island lied between the U.S and Europe. I definitely recommend for people to read "The Flower of Life" because it will answer many question. The really is an eye opener.

sounds interesting. That is a completely different location to where they are looking for it though. They are following Platos directions. Many of the things that Plato wrote where true so they are hoping he is right about this too. It's also in an area where many islands became submerged after the iceage.

top topics

join