It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy Bugs in my bin, an advert for my hometown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...

So there you have it. The first Micro-chipped household items, and in my home town -I'm so proud! I hope I've been behaving accordingly, because- despite what they say- I feel that the 'Powers-that-be' are rubbing their hands together with glee at the prospects of some new fines to dole out.

What next? A chip on the fridge to monitor whether or not I've been partaking in the most coveted 'Five-a-day?'

Of course, my health and happiness and a good, clean environment is their main priority, how could I possibly think otherwise?

Ah, Bury. With it's £50 on the spot litter fines, £80 on the spot 'drunk and disorderly' fines, Dispersal orders (coming soon) to prevent social interaction between human beings and ASBOs to help foster pride and self -esteem, giving instant fame and crediblity to low -life scum.

Oh, Bury, Bury. With its extortionately high Council Tax fees that pay for hundreds of signs that say 'The Best Council in the Country -it's official' and flower boxes bearing the councils ominous logo, leaving streets desolate and grim, stinking of poverty and white cider vomit.

Bury, with it's patronising team of Doctors of Nurses that find it upon themselves to lecture you about your lifestyle and then record how much you drink, smoke, eat and exercise onto your file for 'reference purposes.'

And now the dear Council can monitor our waste to check we are being good little boys and girls and behaving in a responsible, respectful manner towards the planet. These Councillors, they are all heart! Thank God they are there to keep us all in check, what a miserable place this town would be without all their rules and regulations.

So how about your hometown? Is it as idyllic a picture postcard as mine?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
new world order forum? I think that is an over reaction.

I think it is a good idea. Putting the UK in context with the rest of Europe we are one of the worst for recycling, the scheme has been put into place to charge for excessive waste which hasn't been recycled.

64% Austria (recycling 24 %/ compost 40 %)
52 % Belgium (37 %/15 %)
48% Germany *
47 % Netherlands (24%/23%)
39 % Denmark (25%/14%)
33 % Finland (30%3%)
33 % Sweden (25%/8%)
27 % Spain (16%/11%)
16 % Italy (7%/9%)
14 % France (8%/6%)
11 % UK (9%/2%) (2000/1)
9 % Portugal (4%/5%)
8 % Greece (8%/0%)

www.foe.co.uk...

Mark Sanders, chief executive, said: "We can categorically state that Bury council has no intention whatsoever of charging residents for waste or recycling collections.

It is purely so they can evaluate how much waste is being disposed of and to further encourage recycling. At the state of this planet and the amount Westerners waste, I think it is a positive move on the whole of things. Not a global conspiracy of world domination.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
new world order forum? I think that is an over reaction.

I am very glad that you think so. I wish that I was blessed with your optimism and trust for the Government.

It all has to start somewhere - and to start it where the public think it is for the common good is a very astute move.

With regards to issues surrounding recycling -if the Governemt didn't allow large companies to produce such sheer quanties of waste AND manufacture so much packaging, the problem would be much depleted. Why aren't they getting microchipped too?

Because the Government is interested in tracking the individual, that is why.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Tracking an individual would be a microchip on them, or do you take your bin everywhere with you?

If we were one of the best in Europe for recycling I ccould understand your concern, having a little microchip in my bin is the least of my worries. It is hardly to the scale of DNA'ing the whole UK population.

A charge couldn't be brought in because of illegal dumpings. I think you are being a little too paranoid over such a small thing. If they want to view my rubbish, hell i'll have your bin and you can have mine.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
I think you are being a little too paranoid over such a small thing. If they want to view my rubbish, hell i'll have your bin and you can have mine.

Again, I admire your optimism.

If you don't have a problem with Big Brother constantly looking over your shoulder, more power to you.

I prefer to make informed choices of my own.

Incidentally, I don't even have a Blue Bin. My beloved Council don't seem to think that the £800 Council Tax I pay every year covers this. My recycling gets lugged to the nearest drop off point, probably ending up in a landfill site somewhere in Europe.

(Edits for spelling)

[edit on 3-9-2006 by Delta Alter]

[edit on 3-9-2006 by Delta Alter]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't live in the UK, but we had a similar program in New Orleans, but without the microchips. This is my attitude. If the government want to recycle my trash, then fine. Let them pay someone to sort out the recylclables and leave me the hell alone. It's trash. I don't care what's done with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Perhaps I am being optimistic, i just don't see any kind of link to the NWO. As the article mentions some counties have refused such a proposal. If you refuse and are eventually given a blue bin you can always check to see if the local waste collecters take bin bags instead of rubbish bins or take it to the tip yourself. In my eyes it is a huge waste of money holding very little potential.

What I don't understand about the article is it is trying to propose recycling on a vaster scale, surely if they wanted to do that they should supply recycling bins. In my county we have two, one for paper and one for tins and glass, not nearly enough to fully recycle everything.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Big Brother Hiding in British Trash Bins I have this thread about this very subject posted back on posted on 27/8/2006,
This is only the tip of the iceburg

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thanks, Sauron - missed that thread

I agree with you - and so do most of the people who live in Bury. Why does the Coucil just go ahead and do as it pleases, if not for their own aims?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Please, humour me, but where exactly is this conspiracy?

-No charges have or will be mentioned.
-The council is wanting to spread information on recycling, drawing attention to the amount of rubbish the average household disposes of.

I don't see how they can moniter my dad to day activites by looking at how much rubbish I throw away. Other councils have rejected the tagging of bins as being a waste of money, surely if this was NWO it would be implemented strictly by law and removing such tags would result in lawsuits?

It hasn't happened yet. If they wanted to probe my nether regions, sure I would object, until then they can collect my rubbish doing hand stands if they so wish.

new topics

top topics

join