It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is prostitution illegal...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Some may find paying for sex morally apprehensible, but that doesn't mean that it should be illegal. It seems that making it illegal just causes more crime. Pimps and organized crime has long had their hand in it.

Sex is a normal drive that all humans have. Some people don't have significant others and may not have what it takes to pick someone up. What other choice do they have, rape? That definitely isn't a good alternative.

There was a time when a woman was shunned for showing her ankle, we now look at that as an achaic point of view. Technically speaking oral sex is againt the law in a lot of states. Most would say that is ridiculous. Perhaps we should examine some of our other current laws.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
in louisiana back in the day women were making to much money and excluding their dollar from the politicians pocket, thus then it was declared illegal...

but in nevada where the cozonostro rules its all good...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I hear ya, just another victimless crime.

Legalize that sweat leaf as well.

But why is it illegal?

To make money I'd say, since they probably wouldn't be able to effictivly tax it therefor it must be illegal so they can make $$$$

Hemp became illegal because cotton farmers feared hemp would take over the market.

man George Washington use to grow the ganja, so it cant be all that bad either?

and Jesus kicked it with a hooker.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
You've opened up a big can of worms here....but I do agree with you, as I've said my other forum post about this topic.

I've never used the services of such a woman, but believe as long as the government makes sure the girls are clean and everyone gets health care (Like those gals at the Nevada Bunny Ranch) I don't see a problem with it.

Think about it. When you take a girl out for a date, you spend about 60 bucks on dinner, another 40 or so on two movie tickets and popcorn/soda, and then maybe some more money on roses or small gifts (Stuffed animals for instance) to charm her. After all is said and done, you've spent over a hundred bucks on a date that MIGHT, just *might* end with some head or a hand, depending on how good you are. Even then, you aren't promised anything.

So my point is, what's different between spending 100+ bucks on an actual date when you can spend half that to get what you want, minus the chick flicks or having her call you up at 2am with tearful eyes complaining how you never phone her.

Like I said, I'm no jerk, I'm just pointing this out. I hate to watch these cop shows where they "Trick" a john into taking the hooker bait and then lock him up for wanting to get his rocks off. No oen holds a gun to these Bunny Ranch girls and tells them to lay down for a guy. They make good money, they get cared for, its a win-win situation.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by Kai-Raega]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I don't see how it would be that much harder to tax than a lot of other professions. These could include, massage therapy, personal training, interior decorating, or hundreds of other examples.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Can someone please explain to me the difference between entrapment and a cop dressed as a hooker on the street asking guys if they want a date?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
Can someone please explain to me the difference between entrapment and a cop dressed as a hooker on the street asking guys if they want a date?

I can't, and no one will. I have always wondered that too.

It's like dangling a carrot in front of a hungry horse. Do you think he won't take it? If you are a guy, and you need it...and it's right in front of you...can you resist it?

It's built into us. I'm not saying a guy who rapes a woman is not at fault, but if you give a dog a bone, don't get mad when he buries it.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kai-Raega

but if you give a dog a bone, don't get mad when he buries it.

hahahaha, nice

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
you have to ask for the services to be caught without entrapment in other words...

the trees are illegal because there needed to be time to organize a way to capitolize on it...

as well the majority of people using it at the time of its declaration were not W.A.S.P's...
canada will wind up getting the contract as they are predominately serving most of the west coast...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
Some may find paying for sex morally apprehensible, but that doesn't mean that it should be illegal. It seems that making it illegal just causes more crime. Pimps and organized crime has long had their hand in it.

Sex is a normal drive that all humans have. Some people don't have significant others and may not have what it takes to pick someone up. What other choice do they have, rape? That definitely isn't a good alternative.

There was a time when a woman was shunned for showing her ankle, we now look at that as an achaic point of view. Technically speaking oral sex is againt the law in a lot of states. Most would say that is ridiculous. Perhaps we should examine some of our other current laws.

Good question

For all the single guys out there who need a shag now again prostitution is fine and if a woman likes her job so be it government cant ban this if the ppl are cautious.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by drunk]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
you have to ask for the services to be caught without entrapment in other words...

Perhaps.

But in these cop shows, they always ask the "John" if he wants some head, or a quickie in the back seat...the line between entrapment and what passes for an undercover sting is just too fine of a line in my opinion.

What do they expect a man to say when he pulls up to a woman standing on a street corner wearing a see-through top? Do they think she is going to give them directions to the nearest church?

Too many innocent men are put in jail that way.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   
ok lets say a fine ass honey comes up and is like yo lysergic nice shoes wanna bang?

I'd be like gee let me think, OKAY.

I wouldn't be expecting to pay i would've thought it was my lucky day lol

instead I get arested and they show my face on the local news

I hate cops.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   
and thats a large portion as to why things are the way they are, quotas...

and what did bush say about quotas regarding a recent michigan case?

"The motivation ... may be very good, but its result is discrimination and that discrimination is wrong."

i wonder when will men live by virtue and not words...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
ok lets say a fine ass honey comes up and is like yo lysergic nice shoes wanna bang?

I'd be like gee let me think, OKAY.

I wouldn't be expecting to pay i would've thought it was my lucky day lol

instead I get arested and they show my face on the local news

I hate cops.

I was watching court Tv last week and an episode of COPS was on that I hadn't seen before. They "Trapped" this guy with a nice looking female cop who was playing a hooker.

You should have seen this old man. He had to have been 60, at least. His first words were, and I'm not making this up either:

"I have trouble getting hard, I haven't been able to do it in years"

God I felt so bad for him. To not only admit it on TV, but to be thrown in jail. And for what? Ten to one bet his wife was taking mary jane for her glaucoma.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
using ones natural temptatious desires for more experience for greater capitol...
may the father judge righteously upon his arrival...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
it is actually legal here in brisbane, australia but only under certain conditions.

first: it must be in an industrial area away from homes and children.

second: it is only legal if the person wating to pay for sex goes to a brothel to find it NO street walkers.

I dont know how it is taxed either.

but personally id rather save my money and wait even if i have to wait untill im married i'll wait.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   

But in these cop shows, they always ask the "John" if he wants some head, or a quickie in the back seat...the line between entrapment and what passes for an undercover sting is just too fine of a line in my opinion.

The cops don't do that in the state of Ohio. Also in the state of Ohio, there are very few charges filed for the crime of prostitution (at least until a few years ago). To charge the crime of prostitution, an act must be consumated. Usually the charge is solicitation for prostitution. But by a Ohio Supreme Court ruling, if the police officer mentions a sex act and a price, that is entrapment.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
ill beat the meat before id think about "purchasing" someone for sexual pleasure...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
To charge the crime of prostitution, an act must be consumated.

Now that, I don't really mind. Because, let's face it, if a cop is going to go that far, or spy on someone and wait until penetration occurs, then they deserve the notch on their quota chart.

You have to pull a really short straw to get stuck on prostitution stakeout in Ohio. Whew.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Ususally in Ohio, it is a bunch of Vice Squad cops who nail hookers needing a fix and getting stupid. Most of the prostitutes in Ohio who get arrested are also drug offenders. They need drugs, they get stupid, and say stupid things. Unless it has changed, a smart prostitute would never get arrested in Ohio (make the customer mention the act and offer of payment). If they did, the case would be normally be dismissed (for entrapment) or lack of evidence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join