It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA is our (america's) friend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
My reason for posting this is cause the CIA for the most part catches alot heat on this site. I beleive the CIA does more good than it ever did bad. And without them america would probably be "up the creek w/o a paddle". I myself really dont think the CIA is a big conspiracy out to get us. If you disagree i liked to hear your opinions.

Ask not what your country can do for you instead ask what you can do for your country-JFK

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by FullMetalJacket]

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I dont really know what the CIA does for us. Excuse my Ignorance.

I know that the American people do alot for the government. WE pay the taxs. WE build the stuff for them. WE build the cars, computers, food, houses, toilets, cloths and medical supplies.

Even if we dont manufacture %100 of those items. We provide the raw materials and the engineering brains behind the products.

If I had to guess what the CIA did. Id say they get up in the morning, goto MSNBC, click on some of the webpages, read the articles and provide briefings to the president and congress. At which point they spend more of our money on stuff we dont need.

So really by reading CNN and MSN and than passing that highly sought inteligence information to the president and charging us Millions of dollars for that service. The CIA is providing us with an invaluable service. Which is %400 markup on wholesale.

God bless Amerika.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
ahhh but u are wrong.i can name some things the CIA does for US Americans.1.spies on other countries and potential enimies ;w/o this service wut do u propose america does for intellegence? for u see w/o intelegence we become uninformed or INGNORANT and dont u see the modo of this site is DENY IGNORANCE. If you wonder what the CIA does you can hear it strait from the horses at www.cia.gov and perhapes you may think twice about the brave men and women that make up this Agency. I senserly hope you learn to appreciate not only this agency but all of Americas military,agencies and police forces.[url=www.cia.gov]

GOD BLESS AMERICA

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
They at one point were also quite fond of the idea of the TIA and spying on american citizens. That doesnt seem very nice of them, so now they have partnered with the NSA and Brittish intelligence agnencies to do it in a more remote fashion to keep thier butts out of the line of fire. They also have trained some of the very people we are now waging the "war against terror" on, as well as trained insurgance forces to overthrow democratically elected governments in other countries in favor of dictatorships that would directly benefit the US. So its not just what they have done to the US people, but to the people of the world as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well perhaps the thousands of Cocaine and Heroin addicts in the US might agree with you as the C.I.A routinely imported tons of the stuff and sold it to the mafia to finance their "covert activities". Stuff on that isn't hard to find, but here's some quotes for you:

"I have put thousands of Americans away for tens of thousands of years for less evidence for conspiracy with less evidence than is available against Ollie North and CIA people. . . . I personally was involved in a deep-cover case that went to the top of the drug world in three countries. The CIA killed it."

� Former DEA Agent Michael Levine
CNBC-TV, October 8, 1996

"The connections piled up quickly. Contra planes flew north to the U.S., loaded with coc aine, then returned laden with cash. All under the protective umbrella of the United States Government. My informants were perfectly placed: one worked with the Contra pilots at their base, while another moved easily among the Salvadoran military officials who protected the resupply operation. They fed me the names of Contra pilots. Again and again, those names showed up in the DEA database as documented drug traffickers.
When I pursued the case, my superiors quietly and firmly advised me to move on to other investigations."

- Former DEA Agent Celerino Castillo
Powder Burns, 1992

"The Subcommittee found that the Contra drug links included:

Involvement in narcotics trafficking by individuals associated with the Contra movement.

Participation of narcotics traffickers in Contra supply operations through business relationships with Contra organizations.

Provision of assistance to the Contras by narcotics traffickers, including cash, weapons, planes, pilots, air supply services and other materials, on a voluntary basis by the traffickers.

Payments to drug traffickers by the U.S. State Department of funds authorized by the Congress for humanitarian assistance to the Contras, in some cases after the traffickers had been indicted by federal law enforcement agencies on drug charges, in others while traffickers were under active investigation by these same agencies."

- Senate Committee Report on Drugs,
Law Enforcement and Foreign Policy
chaired by Senator John F. Kerry.

"I really take great exception to the fact that 1,000 kilos came in, funded by U.S. taxpayer money."

� DEA official Anabelle Grimm, during a 1993 interview on a CBS-TV "60 Minutes" segment entitled "The CIA's Cocaine." The 1991 CIA drug-smuggling event Ms. Grimm described was later found to be much larger. A Florida grand jury and the Wall Street Journal reported it to involve as much as 22 tons.

These 'Covert activities' have been responsible for overthrowing democratic Governments, the installation of dictators, the training and aiding of terrorists and terrorist organisations and the resultant deaths of tens of thousands. They may be America's friend, but they sure as hell ain't anybody else�s.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
all as i can say is i dont trust government agencies no matter what

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Does the cia really give a # about you and I, or their own survival?

/cough mkultra /cough

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
My friends mom worked in the CIA as a secretary. For whom Iam not sure. All I know is for years after she left she said they had her phone tapped. Why I dont know....

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I beleive the CIA does more good than it ever did bad.

Belief is good, evidence is much better. What evidence do you have to back up your opinion that the CIA does more good than it ever did bad? Or are you just making a guess?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The stuff about the drugs and everything has been around for years. Whether Its true or not I dont know. If its not true, well God help them all.

What I do know is true. Is that they do build training camps for Oquida, Osama Bin Laden and Militants in Mexico to overthrow governments.

Which is non of our #ing buisiness. What other governments do.

They also spy on forien governments but the bulk of spying is done directly by the pentagon. To develop its own intel.

So Like I said. I dont know what they do. I don know for a fact they read the news and deliver press briefings to Bush every morning from Langly Virginia.

So DOnt Assume to tell me what you think be cause when you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
while the rich enjoy tax breaks that they do not need, and the have nots pay the bill to protect those who have with their hard earned tax dollars,while their jobs go to other countries to gain even more profits for those who have enough already, disguising what they do as a humanitarian thing which helps others who are less fortunate in poorer countries.
While government programs for the poor are cut to save money to keep the agencies in operation,and if there is not enough money, the rich are still not realistically supporting the expense out of their own pocket.
You want to protect America?,first you should find out what it has become, and make a realistic effort to bring it back to what it was.
If you actually support what the government does overseas and at home,you must be one of those rich successful people who enjoy the benefits of what the government does.
It isn't about protecting the little insignificant surf,it's about protecting the King and his cabinet,his knights and his friends.
America is dead, America is gone,America is not yours anymore because you have been asleep too long.
Go back and fall asleep in front of your TV,it'll be OK.
Let someone else worry about fixing it.
If you are willing to allow the governments to make decisions for you,you deserve to be a slave,majority rules as long as you have the money to buy support for special interests.
The majority of people do not count.
There is nowhere to escape to anymore,we have to fix this ourselves.
Or we will be forced to enjoy this "New World Order" whether we like it or not.
The majority won't like it much, I guarantee it.
They are beginning to see it already,that is why this "self medication" and "drug use" and so on are so widespread.
Stop lying to yourself.
America was meant to be something other than what it has become, the founding father's ideals are as up to date with the times as they ever were,stop believing what you have been told.
It's up to all of us,but only a select few make the decisions.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The CIA is so good for the U.S. that we didn't even need them until around 60 years ago. What ever could we do without them? Oh right, we lived for a couple of centuries on this continent without them and did just fine.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I see the CIA as like are MI5, secret police force which spies on us

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
the CIA worked with 'Blum' the man who was involved in human experimentation for the nazi's and continued his experimentations after the war

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The CIA is all about spying. They watch ANYONE and EVERYONE that the US Government sees as a threat, From Russian military and political officals to drug smugglers and terrorists. But they are also riddled with a history of faulty Information and internal spy scandles.

Tim

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
yea usa would be up a creek without a paddle, they'd have to work with the rest of the world, oh no

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Lets see, what has the CIA done for us.............

1. Kennedy assasination
2. Operation Northwoods(with NSA)
3. Drug rinngs in south east Asia
4. Invention of crack epidemic on the streets of the US
5. Playing with internal affairs of other countries
6. Human experimentation.

could go on and on, but i wont.......

Cuz the CIA sux........but they aint as bad as the NSA..who REALLY scare me.

America should never work with the world, we should simply withdraw from it period, # the global village, as long as we follow that madness.....the CIA will continue.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   

If I had to guess what the CIA did. Id say they get up in the morning, goto MSNBC, click on some of the webpages, read the articles and provide briefings to the president and congress. At which point they spend more of our money on stuff we dont need.

Ahh, but this is only one branch...the FBIS (Foreign Broadcast Information Service), and they also read the newspapers of, watch the native language news of, etc. their assigned country, and then give summary reports to committees...

The CIA also has Case Officers (likely at least one in each embassy, and others not attached to the embassy) all over the globe, with each of them having their own private network of native informants and spies. (this takes bribes, and requires money)...to collect and gather intelligence.

In addition, even though legally the providence of the FBI, the CIA also has counter-intelligence agents in the US, who constantly look for those spying on us, to keep our secrets safe.

Also, the CIA coordinates intel from the various military branch intelligence services (the public reason for its founding), so that one hand tries to know what the other is doing....

Finally, they are also responsible for analysis of reconaissance photos, etc. and also the training of rebels who oppose leaders we disagree with, as well as supporting coups in those areas, to install a more US-friendly leader.

However, in addtion to their "black budget", they supplement this with covert arms deals to questionable rebel groups (i.e. see Mujahadeen/Taliban), as well as drug-trafficking, and blackmail, etc. amongst other means....(just like every other intelligence agency on the planet...)

Hope this little primer helps...

I'll agree with Skadi on the NSA (or jokingly called, "No Such Agency") They are the scary ones, as they are far more unaccountable to Congress, and thus, to the American people... You can bet that it's an agency within the NSA, who are the ones holding the crafts, and the bodies...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
The CIA is so good for the U.S. that we didn't even need them until around 60 years ago. What ever could we do without them? Oh right, we lived for a couple of centuries on this continent without them and did just fine.

Things are much different now then they were 200 years ago. Wars are fought differently. Realize that as the rest of the world evolves...with their own KGB and secret police. If the United States did not have intelligence as it does, the world would be different. Maybe in a good way...maybe bad. But you dont know which one.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

and also the training of rebels who oppose leaders we disagree with, as well as supporting coups in those areas, to install a more US-friendly leader.

In exemple : Augusto Pinochet, the Red Khmer , Saddam Hussein, Iran Shah.....

And for the Red Khmers, CIA worked hand in hand with the Chicom.

Anyway, CIA is guilty as any other Intel agency is guilty. And it doesn't matter from wich nations these agencies are comming from. CIA, NSA, KGB, FSB, DGSE, STB, SDRA....I put them all in the same bag, and I drop this bag from a 100000000 ft altitude.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join