It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informants, snitch culture, survellence society.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I am starting a seperate thread for this cause I think this should be addressed as a seperate issue. As many people know by now I am a target of something called gang stalking, part of this involved being followed 24/7 survellence etc. I could see this being done, but I could not understand how this was being done so effectively.

So I started to observe my stalkers. What I noticed is you have stalkers that look like they are right out of the gutter, and others who look upscale, yet other really average persons.

I finally was able to observe how they communicate, they use a variety of signals, like tapping the nose, tapping or pressing the corner of the eye, brushing back the hair three times etc. Someone has poointed out that these are the signals the East Germans use to use. Stasi secret police.
www.nthposition.com...

SIGNALS FOR OBSERVATION
1. Watch out! Subject is coming - touch nose with hand or handkerchief
2. Subject is moving on, going further, or overtaking - stroke hair with hand, or raise hat briefly
3. Subject standing still - lay one hand against back, or on stomach
4. Observing Agent wishes to terminate observation because cover threatened - bend and retie shoelaces
5. Subject returning - both hands against back, or on stomach
6. Observing Agent wishes to speak with Team Leader or other Observing Agents - take out briefcase or equivalent and examine contents.inted out that these are similar to the signals that the old East German police force use to use. The Stasi. Here are their signals listed below.

However what I saw is that there are people in a variety of places that also understand these signals, and I was lucky enough to encounter some people at close range who were a part of this and in trying to understand what they might have in common I came to the concept of Informants. I think part of what is being used to patrol and do this survallence is Informant culture, I am sure that citizen groups are part of this, but my focus is on informants.

Now this is how it's being done in the large North American city where I reside. I encourage people to pay attention to what's going on around them. If you really tune into this it's pretty easy to pick up on.

The question is how far spread is this snitch culture, and what are the effects that it is going to have on society?

Eg. I was reading an article that said part of what accounted for the large amount of mental illness in the former Soviet Union was due to the Informant culture and never knowing who you could trust. It also talked about youth growing up in a society where everyone is spying on everyone else. www.november.org...

So I thought I would leave some links and get some feedback on this.

The first is by Alexandra Natapoff. She talks about both sides of the message and why the informant culture is ruining society.

www.slate.com...

The next article is by Rheal Seguin.
Get out of jail free. Lawyers challenge Informant deals
www.theglobeandmail.com...

The article is by Peter Waldman.
The next is about an American who was asked to become a snitch or loose his green card.
www.informationclearinghouse...rticle13970.htm...

This article is by Christopher Heredia. T-shirts illustrate divide
'Stop snitchin' stymies police trying to cut crime.
www.sfgate.com...

Written by Beryl Wajsman. Of snithches spies and cowardly courts.
www.canadafreepress.com...

This article is by Patricia Williams. Patricia J. Williams. Truth or Consequences
www.thenation.com...

Witten by Jim Kouri. Snitches Rats and Sqeelers. Why they do it.
www.oscweb.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
How far spread is snitching in society?

I know the T.I.P.S. program wanted to have 1 in 24 people spying. That's 1 million people. I know that in East Germany they had 1 in 50 spying and that was enough to monitor the whole country effectivly.

I have heard that T.I.P.S. officially died but may have stayed alive under the gise of other programs. I know that photo developer employes are being asked to report anything suspicious. I read an article that said that pilots had a weekly quota of people they had to report as suspicious looking, this was tied in with their bonuses.

www.aclu.org...

"NEW YORK-- The American Civil Liberties Union today asked the Chief Privacy Officer of the Department of Homeland Security to investigate a news report that federal air marshals are being directed to fill a monthly quota of reports labeling particular Americans as "suspicious."

"It's bad enough when the local cop has to fill a quota for speeding tickets," said Barry Steinhardt, Director of the ACLU's Technology and Liberty Project. "But it is something straight out of Orwell if security personnel are really being pressured into entering innocent people into shadowy watch lists for no good reason, and without their knowledge."

So how many people in our countries are being asked to snitch as part of their jobs, or are being used as informants cause they did not want to do the time some other way?

Many other countries are use to this sort of system and would go along with this because this is how things were in the old country, but what effects is this going to have on our society? How much of our society is corrupted by this? How many people are caught in this sneer? How many are serving life on the outside instead of on the inside?

Those are some of the things I wanted to discuss, cause I now realise we are a survellence, snitch, informant society.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You need to fix some of those links you gave a lot of them do not load. Just looking at the urls it is clear they were not entered correctly.

Makes it very hard to comment on something you cannot read in full

[edit on 9/2/2006 by shots]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
You need to fix some of those links you gave a lot of them do not load. Just looking at the urls it is clear they were not entered correctly.

Makes it very hard to comment on something you cannot read in full[edit on 9/2/2006 by shots]

Hi shots.

Good catch. I completely missed this when I posted the links. Here they are again, new and improved. Thanks for pointing that out, I fully missed it.

www.slate.com...
Bait and Snitch. The high cost of snitching for law enforcement.
Author~Alexandra Natapoff.

www.law.uc.edu...
Snitching the institutional and communal consequences.
Author~Alexandra Natapoff.

www.theglobeandmail.com...
Get out of jail free. Lawyers challenge Informant deals.
Author~Rheal Seguin.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...
Snitch or lose green card and get deported. A Muslins choice.
Author~Peter Waldman.

www.csmonitor.com...
$378,000 the going rate Muslin leader recieved for informing.
Author~Rebecca Cook Dube.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2006/01/28/BAGHUGV3AE1.DTL
T-shirts illustrate divide 'Stop snitchin' stymies police trying to cut crime.
Author~Christopher Heredia.

www.hiphopmusic.com...
Start Snitching.
Author~jsmooth995.

Of snithches spies and cowardly courts.
Author~Beryl Wajsman.

Of snithches spies and cowardly courts.
Author~Beryl Wajsman.

www.thenation.com...
Truth or Consequences.
Author~Patricia J. Williams.

www.usatoday.com...
Anti-snitch campaign riles police, prosecutors.
Author~Rick Hampson.

www.oscweb.com...
Snitches Rats and Sqeelers. Why they do it.
Author~Jim Kouri.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Harassment101]

top topics

join