It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

star trek and the nwo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
anyone ever notice that the idealistic world star trek portrays in the future coincides with what the nwo agenda is trying to achieve?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by doggmann
anyone ever notice that the idealistic world star trek portrays in the future coincides with what the nwo agenda is trying to achieve?

No not really ,How do you mean,Which episodes are you referring too?

Are you referring to the old star trek or the next generation?

What NWO agenda?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I've thought about it. How the 'crew' is just a version of our future military, who will get all the perks for joining, while who knows what is going on with the rest of humanity, who is not a member of "Starfleet."

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy
I've thought about it. How the 'crew' is just a version of our future military, who will get all the perks for joining, while who knows what is going on with the rest of humanity, who is not a member of "Starfleet."

Star Trek is about starfleet and the Enterprise is out exploring space,That is why you nearly never see anyone back on Earth.
Although they are mentioned from time to time.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
well there is only one government which is also the military, no counrties, no religions, no money, the only way to advance is through the military, no elections just one life time councilor, distinction between the sexes are wiped out, and everyne follows orders without question. there are aliens who have these qualities but are concidered inferior to humans because we grew out of that phase

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

, distinction between the sexes are wiped out, and everyne follows orders without question.

I disagree Captain Kirk had a lot of love interest story lines and he was always breaking Star fleet rules.
He was a bit of a a Renegade IMO not good stock for the NWO.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Gene Roddenberry's vision of the future through Star Trek is one where humanity has 'grown up' and developed a more caring attitude. The series focusses on the inquisitive, exploratory nature of mankind through the actions of Starfleet, discovering new worlds and strange new galactic entities in a way that we all would love to do if only (a) we were born 300 years later and (b) not glued to the couch watching TV.

Personally I love it - always have. As a glimpse into an optimistic future (no matter how unlikely this may seen right now) it can't be beat.

A quote from an obit...

Gene Roddenberry created a legend which continues on today, creating a show that has helped believe that there was a future worth living for. He showed us that space is not just for space battles, but for learning new ideas and ways of thinking, and, indirectly, has done more for civil rights and the space program than Martin Luther King, Jr. and John F. Kennedy.

Source: www.pathcom.com

If this is what the NWO are working towards then I'll have some of that

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Actually, in the Star Trek universe, there is a separation between government and military. The government is the United Federation of Planets, while the military is Starfleet Command. The United Federation of Planets is a democracy contrasted to the Klingon Empire in the original series. In The Next Generation, the Klingons have joined the UFP, and the new enemies are the Romulan Empire, which parallels a Fascist dictatorship. The Cardassian Empire, another enemy of the UFP, is also a dictatorship.

There are also many neutral planets (for example, the homeworld of the Ferengis), who are autonomous.

Live long and prosper.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Buck Rogers now thats NWO lol
But everyone loves Tweekie "Biddy biddy biddy what's up Buck?"

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Too right...the portryal of a unified world order from the aftermath of total global war, no physical money, and everyone all beamingly happy to further the goal of a global Federation...actually, sounds like a good idea in principle

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thier socieital influences, have an almost Orwellian feel. Unity of Uniform. to be found at any moment. The almost brainwashed conetntment.

I could see how you could compare it to NWO.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
ok then why is everyone so scared of the nwo if it will lead to such a perfect society?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Because your rights are violated. Even Angels get a choice to Fall or fight. Take away our freedom to chose, and we won't.

No matter how perfect a society is, if it's run under one gigantic fist, it will crumble.

Bush's malicious and cruel treatment of the American People, are cause enough and ground to steer clear of those cliffs.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubinLando

Bush's malicious and cruel treatment of the American People, are cause enough and ground to steer clear of those cliffs.

And how does this contribute to the topic?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Everything. You, just think because your so damn high and mighty that you can critisize anyones posting for its merit. i Bet you used to beat up the Geeks that you have now become.
If you think for one Minute that GW BUsh and whats going on In this counrty have nothing to do with NWO, than your more nuts than me.

I EDITED THIS BECAUSE I MISSPELLED A WORD.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by RubinLando]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I don't see how Star Trek and the NWO are alike, except for a
global government, and if you do research, in Star Trek the
Earth is'nt actually a global government, more along the lines
of a more powerful U.N. of super-alliances like the EU and NAU.

The Star Trek government is set up just like America's.
Executive, Legislative, and Judicial.
The Army, Navy, Air Force is replaced by StarFleet.

Theres no war or poverty on Earth, and equality reigns true in
the Star Trek universe, and people work to better themselves
and humanity as a whole, not for profit, and they don't even have
to work if they don't want to.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Picard frequently says "We bring order out of chaos". The motto of the 33d degree:"Equilibrium= Ordo Ab Chao"; Equilibrium = Order Out Of Chaos

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenu brings order
Picard frequently says "We bring order out of chaos". The motto of the 33d degree:"Equilibrium= Ordo Ab Chao"; Equilibrium = Order Out Of Chaos

So now Star trek is conditioning us all?WELL if so I'm guilty.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ye cannae change the laws of politics!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by timski
Ye cannae change the laws of politics!

If we give the NWO more coverage.....she gonnie blow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join