It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic Henson Movie(S) to Get Sequel (edited)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Hollywood, CA, February 1, 2006 – Award-winning animation director Genndy Tartakovsky, who created the hit series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Samurai Jack and Dexter’s Laboratory, will direct Power of the Dark Crystal, the much anticipated sequel to The Jim Henson Company’s 1982 classic fantasy film. The announcement was made today by Lisa Henson, co-CEO of The Jim Henson Company and a producer on the film.

source

I don't know if anyone here remembers or watched the Dark Crystal, but it was one of the late great Jim Henson's masterpieces.

The story takes place after a race of great wizrds attempt to remove all evil from their bodies to rule peacefully and happily. It works. The evil is removed from their body, but then manifests itself and begins a typical fantasy film takeover.

The plot is alot more complex than that but I couldn't write it all down without spoiling it.
If you want more info check the wikipedia article en.wikipedia.org...

But I am glad that this classic film is getting a sequel and I am quite a fan of Tartakovsky's work. His Clone Wars series was amazing and his shows usually make me recall those old Saturday mornings everyone spent watching cartoons.
Another great thing is that, unlike some animated sequels, it will feature the whole original cast!

THATS NOT ALL!!!!!

They're is no easier way to say this than.........[SIZE=4]OMFGROFLLMAOPMSL!!!1111!!!!!

Finding out about the above sequel made me remember my childhood and eventual digging around uncovered these guys (these will deffo get you psyched!)

And guess what..................

THEY'RE GETTING A MOVIE TOO!!!111!!

[edit on 31/8/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Oh that is just too cool! I LOVED that movie. It was one of the greatest movies ever.

join