It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone scared of the internet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have been thinking about how ever much of an asset the internet is to us, it must be ten times more of an asset to those who seek to control us.

We, as a community of 'conspiricists', share out theories, thoughts and feelings through blogs and threads which can be read by anyone working for the man who need to know exactely how to conteract or missions against ignorance.

Not only this but our habits, tastes in culture, interests etc. can all be monitored.

The scariest part I was reading about recently is how the intereference from the electonics used with the internet knocks out radio signals, meaning that if the internet was eventually siezed along with our freedom, it would be difficult to communicate via radio. Is this true ?

Also the internet could be used to moniter when a person is in their house or not.

The possiblities are endless. As we reduce our communication to electrical form more and more we are making it easier to be manipulated in the long run I think.

Our best friend or soon to be worst enemy?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
The scariest part I was reading about recently is how the intereference from the electonics used with the internet knocks out radio signals, meaning that if the internet was eventually siezed along with our freedom, it would be difficult to communicate via radio. Is this true ?

If you are refering to Broadband Over Power Line (BPL) then this is true that it's causing interference to radio signals.

www.arrl.org...

This link contains all explanations along with video of the interference in action.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thank you for the link, that was exactely what i was reffering to

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
well of cause anyone can read anything on this board and any others. GWB could be reading a conspiracy about himself right this moment.
to the point of gaining control of the internet, that is something im not so sure about. these days people can host their own websites and such from their own homes with the use of C++ and other programming skills and a good server computer in their cuboard. so with this i think the internet is free and always will be but that doesnt men it is safe. a goverment computer officer whatever could find a website hosted from someones home, take it over and change all the information on it or destroy the server altogether. just make sure you have your firewalls and DDos protection up to date.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
One thing you need to understand, is that, in our day and time, we can be monitored with or without the internet being in use.
Traffic cameras, cameras on buildings, cameras on cell phone towers, security cameras in stores, your cell phone and it's GPS locator, the list goes on and on.
Ontop of that, the very clothes you have on your back may have a tag or chip inside the folded seam edges... as I found in a workshirt I purchased from a local dept store. (It looked like a security tag, found in a dvd case, but why have it in the bottom seam of the shirt?)

There is simply no way around it, you, and everyone you know can be, and have been minitored for a long time.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
My girlfriend is afraid of the internet. I'm not exactly sure why. She is computer literate and although she doesn't own one she used one in her career for a couple of decades. Basically, she doesn't understand that the internet is the glue tha holds the whole world together and that whether she likes it or not, every credit card or check card transaction involves the internet.

top topics

join