It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason I Believe 2012 Might Actually Be True . . .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm kind of tired of hearin' everybody's opinion on a nuclear holocaust. I also have heard people's opinions from a Christian perspective, but it's hard to believe. Tha only date that has any significance to me is tha Dec 2012 prediction, but that's only becuz I found sumthin' similar in tha New Testament. And, let me remind u that when I found this passage, I was not lookin' for anything of this sort. I had said that I needed to read tha Bible more, so I was readin' it when this scripture popped out at me.

Matthew Chapter 24:20-21
20) But pray ye (you) not that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath Day:
21) For then shall be great tribluation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nore shall ever be.

I had been readin' Matthew for several days before I got to that chapter, and it hit me like and ton of bricks. Also, if u kno anything about tha Bible, then u kno that in that Chapter is when Jesus is describin' tha End of Times' signs to his disciples. It might not hold any significance, but I thought I'd show u guys this, becuz although no date has ever been truly found, this clearly states that Tribulations will begin on a Saturday in Winter, which kind of correlates tha Dec 2012 thing, becuz December 22nd just happens to fall on a Saturday in Winter and on that date in 2012 is when tha Mayans say tha world will end. So, what are you're thoughts on this, now that scriptures may back this up?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hanukka falls on December 21 in 2012. That would be considered a Sabbath Day, right?

But anyway, I thought that passage read something like "only God knows when it'll happen, but pray that it's not in winter or the sabbath day." That would mean he's REALLY pissed...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well, according to my computer's calendar tha 22nd runs on a Saturday, and Saturday is tha Sabbath for Jews. And, that's a direct quote from those 2 verses. And I just read verse 19, and "only God knows when it'll happen" is not in that area. Anyways, Chanukah might be on that day, but I've always known Saturday to be their Sabbath, so I assumed that tha 22nd wuld fit perfect, becuz I have read several different dates, but tha 22nd bein' tha most common. Anyways, any other thoughts?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I really can't see how the fact that Jesus said the End Times would begin on a Saturday in the winter backs up the 2012 prediction at all.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I think its a good find. Its to say pray for your flight (or passing) not tob eon that day. Since that day will be obvious filled with the worst fear and pain ever witnessed.

The mayan I think would be as close to acurate. Asuuming we run on a cycle we have no control over.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
because, the 2012 prediction is slated for december 21st, 2012, the winter solstice, that night I believe, so technically the 22nd, either way.

december 21st 2012 is a saturday, 22nd is a sunday, and it is the winter solstice.

[edit on 3-9-2006 by runetang]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperChaser

M It might not hold any significance, but I thought I'd show u guys this, becuz although no date has ever been truly found, this clearly states that Tribulations will begin on a Saturday in Winter, which kind of correlates tha Dec 2012 thing, becuz December 22nd just happens to fall on a Saturday in Winter and on that date in 2012 is when tha Mayans say tha world will end.

Only if you live in the Northern Hemisphere.

In the Southern Hemisphere , this date falls on a Saturday in Summer and is the Summer Solstice.

[edit on 3-9-2006 by mulberryblueshimmer]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
And werent the Mayans in the Southern hemisphere???

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
yes but the mayans only predicted 2012 as the last day of the fifth segment of their long count calender, one of their calenders.

the sumerians are the ones that wrote of a planet that comes into our solar system ever so often.

somehow, people combine these together for some reason and get that date. i dont know why, honestly.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by runetang]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I personally believe in the 2010 predicition.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The date December 21st, 2012 marks the date when our Galactic Sun aligns with the Central Sun of this Universe....We will be entering the "light" side of that Central Sun; for the last 26,000 years we have been on the "dark" side.

Nuclear Holocaust? aha, Ive always marveled at how there will always be people out there who would believe any of the nonsense the dark throw at us to incite thoughts of fear and destruction..

Happy Ascension everyone! See you in the higher realms.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Happy Ascension everyone! See you in the higher realms.

Happy ascension..?
Do you believe in elves? And unicorns? And, and, and fairies?!
Nothing's going to happen. Give it a rest. God damnit.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
AscendedMaster...
I am intrigued with your first statement. Our sun aligns with the central sun of the universe...Wouldn't the creation of alignment infer at least three defined points? If so, what exists at this third undefined point in your universe? And would it be from this point of reference that one might be eable to discern a light and dark side of the universe?
What ever it is that can cast such a shadow over the universe must be of truely immense size and importance!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
He meant the Galactic Center, or the giant Blackhole in the centre of our GALAXY, he mistakenly said universe. The Galactic Center is somewhere in Sagitarius right now..

but the years and the talk about aligning with it is true, ive actually seen the models of the night sky on a computer for the date of 2012 and our sun / the planet Earth is damn closely aligned with the Galactic Center as the day goes from 21st to 22nd.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo
And werent the Mayans in the Southern hemisphere???

Yes they were, but Jesus was born in the Northern Hemisphere was he not.

Another point been is this is a time and place orientated prophecy and so the Southern and Northern hemispheres would be in a different time and place at the said time of anything happening.

I just go with what fate says, if # happens then it happens

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I personally belive all this 2012 is bs, thats just my opinion. i think that because like most predictions is worthless. for example, many ppl here on ats, have posted topics that for example a nuclear war was gonna start on a certain date. and it never happened, so ill see you guys and hope you all are here, from 2012 and beyond. nothing to worry about!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Now perhaps its me BUT I always thought the calendar as we know it was devised by the Romans and later monks in England.. since when has the date as we know it stood since the supposed birth of Christ? How can 2012 as wee know it be the exact date when noone has actually kept a diary since the birth of Jesus?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Actually, The area of the Mayans begins on the Yucatan Penninsula, which I believe is still in the Northern Hemisphere. I remembered reading this in a book, a historical fiction called "Aztec" by Gary Jennings. However I looked it up and found a map of where the Mayans lived.

and here is the website I found this map on.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
the association of dec. 21, 2012 isn't an "end of world" scenario, it just supposed to be a time of change.
i'm still having a party though.
-b

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The New Testament states that the last day is known only to God. Does anyone know what other ancient writings say about this besides the Mayan calendar's end? Although I'm Christian I don't choose to spend my days pondering the last one nor do I steep myself in the fears of today, which are mostly fabricated by the media anyway. If we choose to use the New Testament as our guide in this discussion lets give this passage a whirl :

Mat 6:34 ‘So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today’s trouble is enough for today.'

-- Now go find someone to hug for God's sakes, and stop the fearful living.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join