It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson Heads Diplomatic Mission to Retrieve Kidnapped Israeli Soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Jackson, with a group of interdenominational religious leaders, are travelling the Middle East in an attempt to return those kidnapped IDF soldiers to their families. Already, they have stopped in Lebanon, to meet with Hezbollah in order to discuss the health of the soldiers; in Israel, to reassure their families; and in Syria, to broker a negotiation. According to the latest reports, they may also visit Tehran.

www.dailystar.com.lb...

Jackson is heading a group of Muslim, Christian and Jewish leaders on a humanitarian mission to the Middle East aimed at shoring up the cease-fire in Lebanon. He will visit Lebanon and Israel next.

"We look kindly toward Reverend Jackson's mission and encourage it," Mekdad said.

Asked what role he might play in improving Syrian-American relations and resuming stalled peace negotiations with Israel, Jackson said: "We are on a humanitarian mission, we don't represent the US administration. We are here to meet officials in Syria, Lebanon and Israel, to urge for the cease-fire to hold and to guarantee humanitarian aid." He also held talks with Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Moallem.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Good luck to him. Usually, I don't think he adds much to the American political scene, but, if he can accomplish this, I'm glad he's one of ours, even though he says that he's not respresenting the current administration.

Best-case scenario: they sucessfully negotiate for the hostages and the unfortunate soldiers are returned to their families. The US looks good.

Worst-case scenario: they aren't successful, in which case, someone else tries, but at least the US made an effort. We still look good.

Related News Links:
Rev. Jesse Jackson says Israeli soldiers alive

[edit on 30-8-2006 by HarlemHottie]

[edit on 30-8-2006 by HarlemHottie]I'm totally messing this up. This is why I don't start threads.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by HarlemHottie]

new topics

join