It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iBook Monitor Pin Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I have a monitor issue on my new out-of-warrenty iBook G4 that I'm replacing with an older iBook G3 monitor. The only difference between these two monitors is one little connector and I was hoping that someone here might be able to point me into the right direction or help with the pin configurations so that way I can get em swapped out. I've posted a picture here of Both Parts. The Black connector is from the G4 iBook and the Off-White connector is from the G3 iBook (both white iBooks). Both monitors have 4 cables, 3 of the 4 cables are identical except the one I'm showing here.

If anyone knows of any websites or pdf files or something or just a basic understanding of the pin order that these should be in please help. I've tried to just swap out the cables, but it gets a bit complicated up and behind the plasma display. Looks to be hard wired.

So, basically what I want to do is move the Black connector to the White Connector's Cable.

Black from Top to Bottom =
Black
Green
Yellow
White
Black
Red

Off-White from Top to Bottom =
Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Red
Black

I edited this post to reflect the correct way of linking embeded pictures.
Thanks to the post by, Mechanic 32, Hyperlinking - for the BB Code Challenged

[edit on 29/8/2006 by wyldwylly]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well i tried just going down the line and replacing, then swapped it, and still nothing, guess I'll keep trying. It's hard finding this information for some reason. probably because nobody takes their iBooks apart unless they are dead. Well, I'll keep waiting, and trying other things.
:bnghd:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
ok, Mods, you can close this thread, obviously there's noone around that can help with this issue. Sorry to waste people's time.

join