It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

paranormal organizations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Is there a website out there where you can find ghost/paranormal research groups by region and/or area?

I have been interested in ghosts and demons and all paranormal activity for a very long time. I have always wanted to tag along on an organization's "hunt".

I live in Southern California if that helps.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yeah - I've done a search on 'Haunted places (your state)' you should get several differnt sites that are good with listing them - I've done a search for my state and found all state included, but seperate and easy to look up.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thanks

I'll give that a shot.

All of my previous searches returned with unrelated websites.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A lot of the local organizations are suffering from TAPS Overload" due ot the popular series on SCI - Fi channel.. Now people expect them to come to their house the thousand of dollars worth of equipment like "those guys on the TV show" and have simply given up the pursuit until the TAPS show goes away.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by RickinVa]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa
A lot of the local organizations are suffering from TAPS Overload" due ot the popular series on SCI - Fi channel.. Now people expect them to come to their house the thousand of dollars worth of equipment like "those guys on the TV show" and have simply given up the pursuit until the TAPS show goes away.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by RickinVa]

that is disheartening

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
In my city there is a place for alien abducties. I am not jokeing!
Don't know how they get there funding. ?
?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Practically speaking, do you have at least a Bachelor's Degree, if so what in? To get on with a "professional" crew you are going to have to have some credentials. Just because you are interested in it does not mean they are interested in taking you on. As RickinVA said, TAPS has made the profession (or lack thereof) seem glamorous, that field is not hard-up for recruits. I would shoot for a background in Psychology as your best bet to that road.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I have a bachelor's degree in Legal Studies

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah you're even farther from parapsychology than me (International Affairs) I don't believe ghosts need legal advice. I guess then your best bet, and I'm sure how many get their start, is simply free lancing to start with, do research on the web, get some books, buy your cameras and detectors, and start huntin!

top topics

join