It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House and Verizon to be subpoenaed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well, this is an interesting turn of events...

RawStory

Two attorneys representing claimants in a lawsuit over wiretapping by the National Security Agency will subpoena the White House today, RAW STORY has learned.

Bruce Afran and Carl Mayer, who represent hundreds of plaintiffs in lawsuits against Verizon, AT&T, and the US Government, will announnce today that they are serving both the Bush administration and Verizon with subpoenas.

According to the story we should expect this to happen at 4:30pm (in what i am assuming is eastern time) in front of Verizon's HQ in New York.

Does anyone expect this to move forward? Or will the White House simply try to avoid this all together by claiming they cannot answer the subpoena due to secrecy?

In this poster's opinion, i think it's high time we get some solid answers on exactly what they have been up to with these wiretaps.

If they've got nothing to hide (ie- "we're just hunting for terrorists!") then they shouldn't be afraid to answer a few questions.... under oath...

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
good find

It will be most interesting indeed. The Administration is definately going to try to dismiss this on "National Security" grounds that are the trademark for the concealment of their illegal cabal's activities. How far above the law are these people?

I too agree that if they have nothing to hide then come forth under oath and testify to the charges against you. If you do have something to hide then... tough beans... the law is the frickin law and I am tired of this administration raising itself above it whenever it sees fit. The tale of no accountability continues with our govt. playing the lead roles.

Still, the taps continue despite the ruling. thanks to appealing. But whats funny is if a criminal i tried and convicted he has the right to an appeal correct? ok during that time while he is waiting for the appeal, does that criminal get to go free and continue living out of prison? heck no! he goes to jail until he wins his appeal(if). But in this case; the Administration gets to continue tapping away while it waits for its appeal...Absolute garbage... how can this circumvention of law, so blatantly criminal, be allowed to continue?

thank you for your time,
TONE23

*edited for speeling

[edit on 8/29/2006 by TONE23]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
Still, the taps continue despite the ruling. thanks to appealing. But whats funny is if a criminal i tried and convicted he has the right to an appeal correct? ok during that time while he is waiting for the appeal, does that criminal get to go free and continue living out of prison? heck no! he goes to jail until he wins his appeal(if). But in this case; the Administration gets to continue tapping away while it waits for its appeal...Absolute garbage... how can this circumvention of law, so blatantly criminal, be allowed to continue?

This is an excelent point.

At the very least, these wiretaps (the illegal warentless ones, not the usual legal types with warants - even retroactive ones i guess) should be halted until a final decision is made regarding the legallity of said taps.

"How far above the law?" indeed my good man (or woman!)

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
And here we go - seems Raw Story has a copy of the subpoena

Raw Story

I'm going to go ahead and read this now - i'll be back with some comments.

new topics

top topics

join