It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gonna go up Tikaboo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hey guys, after a long time waiting im finally going back to the box, however i want some advice on what equipment to take. I want to get some really good photos of the base and was wondering what type of zooming equipment to take. Thanks all for veiwing, your comments are greatly appreciated. Maybe ill post some pics when i get back!!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Not being a photographer I have no idea what type of equipment to take, but please do let me know when you get back. I'll happily host any photos/video footage you take so all visitors can see.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
take a camera, night vision goggles, rope, a blow gun, matches, a lighter, 12 rocks, spray deodorant, .44 magnum, more rope, knife, rope, 12 gauge, flare gun and dynamite, and last but certainly not leastan m-16 and more rope

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
And you need a towel!
Don't go anywhere without your towel.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I hope you are fit. It is a moderately challenging hike up there.

Make sure you bring a jacket. Temps up there can drop drastically, and the winds can be quite nasty. Bring plenty of water too. It is desert out there, after all, and you be far away from facilities. Wear long sleeved, loose clothing. Also bring a first aid kit.

Be careful of the equipment you bring too. Lightning strikes are a common hazard at the top there.

As far as cameras go, Im not into photography, but from what Ive heard, you need a pretty good zoom lense to get good details.

Otherwise, the most important thing to bring is a buddy and enough survival gear.

be safe when you go there, so you can bring back some cool pics!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You need a REALLLY good zoom lens, a telescope with a digital camrea attached would work much better. You also need to take your pics early early morning because the heat shimmer off the rocks after about 10am will mess up the pics so much you wont really see anything.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
www.lazygranch.com...

Its no hike, its a bare arsed climb with ropes by the look of it!

Damn dude i envy you with every bone in my body for getting to go climb and peak at THE place that counts - area 51..... ooohhhh i cannot wait till you post piccies...

Have a look at lazygranch site to read what kit they took with them.

join